Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wed. Dec. 16, 2009

12/16/09
So much going on here. Sorry it took awhile for an update. Did we ever get the snow. Jeremy was hanging out at a friend's house that Tues. night. He thought because he had 4-wheel drive, that he'd make it home at about 2:30a.m. Wed. morning. No such thing. He just slid and got stuck, so he had to stay at their house. but I made it home fine earlier from church. I went to visit Kenn on Sat. afternoon. He thought he was going to keep his eyes shut alot, but I kept bugging him, and telling him to open his eyes to look at me. He would open his eyes, and look at me sometimes, but not every time. A nurse was watching Kenn's eyes darting back, and forth, looking for me, when he heard me talking to her. There were different CNA's asking me how it went for Kenn to be at his dad's funeral. They were happy to hear he responded. I forgot to write in the update last time, that after the funeral, I had him downstairs where the luncheon was going to be. I was talking to Renee Heckman, Rostad, who did the singing, and Marianne Jensen, with Kenn right there. Marianne had a cup of coffee, and offered me some. I told her I don't drink it, but Kenn used to. She took her cup and moved it under Kenn's nose a few times to give him a whiff of it. His eyes were shut, but he was awake. We saw his head move from the right to the left. Renee asked me if I saw him move his head, which I did. She was so amazed to see him respond like that. He did open his eyes a few times when I asked him to at the funeral, so people got to see that he does comprehend what is being said. I took Kenn outside for a few minutes this last Sat. when I was there. I got to play the Wii with the range of motion therapist, and another resident, Melvin on Sat. afternoon. Kenn was listening to a CD message. We did the bowling game. I got 100 something. They will be playing it again in 2 weeks when the therapist works again, and I was told to come play if I want to. It was fun. Using the Wii is good therapy for the residents. I had my Saturn towed to Sun Prairie Mon. night to get checked out. So glad I've invested in AAA. The speedometer, and RPM gauge don't work, plus the service engine light would come on. They say it's an instrument cluster. This morning I met with my financial adviser at Anchor Bank to get a form notorized that I helped Kenn sign, because there wasn't any other form that would work for me to get my name of Kenn's IRA account, which I've been trying to do between 6 months-a year. Hope this is the last form, and it does what I need it to do. I also had an AT&T guy here all afternoon installing service with them, instead of Charter cable. I'm also getting ready to go to Green Bay for a few days when Esther has her baby next week. This has been a real busy time. Thanks for continuing to lift us up in prayer. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home