Sun. Dec. 6, 2009
Whew!! Am I glad this weekend is just about over. What an exhausting one, emotionally, mentally, and physically. Fri. night, I didn't make it to the visitation, until 6pm. It was hard to go. Every part of me was not ready to face that. See I had a funeral 2 weeks just before Kenn's accident, which was for Pastor Rod, the pastor of the church I was attending. His funeral rocked my world, and then to have Kenn's accident just 2 weeks later, WOW!!! Since then, my world as I knew it, has been turned completely upside down, and inside out. But, to tell you the truth, I wouldn't change anything, and I know that sounds unbelievable. But, it's true, because I've grown so much, learned so much, I've experienced things I never would have if the accident hadn't happened, and I've gotten to see God show up and show out in my life like never before. I've become so much more alive than ever before. There were a few times at the visitation, that I wanted to cry, but kept my composure. I got to see some relatives, and friends that I haven't seen for years. I got to talk with Kenn's Uncle Don, Aunt Linda, and cousin Sandy from Montana, for a short time. I wish I had more time to talk with them. A bunch of family went out to eat afterwards, but I didn't because my emotions were trying to take over. Sat. morning, I had my brother-in-law, sister, and a friend from church go with to pick Kenn up. There's been a lot of preparation that I had to put into this. I wish it was like Shawn said, just go and pick him up. When we got to Lake City Church for the funeral, the brother-in-laws, and our 2 boys helped lift Kenn into his chair. It was nice to see our boys take some responsibility for their dad. Everyone was so happy Kenn could be there. I got so many hugs, and thank yous for bringing him in. To God be the glory it all worked out to get Kenn into his dad's funeral. Before it started I walked him down to see his dad, but he kept his eyes shut, but he wasn't sleeping. I don't know if he was upset with me, because I wasn't able to visit him during the week, and tell him about his dad before I picked him up for the funeral Sat. morning. There were pictures taken of him, by his dad's casket. I had Kenn up front with his sisters, and his brother, and their families during the funeral. During the funeral, Kenn's sisters, and brother were up front talking about some things they remembered about their dad. Kenn wanted to make sure everyone knew he wanted to say something too, so he made some noises, and cleared his throat. People were amazed at how he did that at just the right time. Everyone took it as though he was trying to say something too. He comprehends what is going on, but he just can't tell you or act like he does. After the funeral, I wheeled him out with his siblings and their spouses. I wasn't ashamed of him at all. He can't help the way he is. God is still working on him. There were pictures of him taken with some extended family, and also with his siblings. I had some tears during some of the songs, during the funeral, but was able to compose myself. I had to stay focused, and take Kenn around. The guys all helped to get Kenn back into the van. Jeremy drove to Juneau, and Shawn drove back to Madison. We got him back to Juneau about 5, which the nurse had no problem with. She understood. I guess his missing some meds was fine. I was starting to feel so wiped on the drive back to Juneau. Each time I go to pick up Kenn, it's 2 trips there and back. It puts almost 200 miles on the van. The boys lifted their dad out of the van, and put him in his chair in the parking lot themselves. Justice rode with, and so we all took Kenn in. The boys, and Justice went to Janet's after we got back to spend time with family. I was so wiped I couldn't socialized any more, plus I knew I'd stay to late. I went to church, but had trouble concentrating on what was being said. I was in bed Sat. night before 9:30, and slept for 7 1/2 hours, which is a long time for me. Today I've felt tired too, but not as bad as last night. Thank you to everyone who helped lift Kenn either into the van or into his chair. It is so much appreciated. It was so nice to see the boys step up and do something for their dad again. Praise God. He worked everything out for His glory. Thanks for all the prayers. God bless you all.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home