Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Sat. Aug. 9, 2008

8/9/08
I think our internet will work for awhile now. We've been without service some days and it seems to be when I want to write an update. Jeremy has been complaining about it too, so Mon. morning a guy from Charter is coming to check it out. Last time I wrote an update it had to sit here for quite awhile until the service came back before it could get published.
Last Sun. when I visited Kenn, he wanted to sleep most of the visit because of the meds he'd had for storming the 2 days before. Tues. afternoon, I met Kenn at the doctor's office to get his pump refilled and botox in his right forearm. The pump refill was first and didn't take long. We had to wait for Dr. Ward to come in and give the botox. For some reason emotions took over. Kenn had been storming Tues. morning and when he arrived, he was still stiffening up, but he was quite alert. Dr. Ward was glad to see him look at him when he walked in because the last 3 times he had seen Kenn, he was sleepy. He stormed some Tues. night too, but hasn't since. Today when I visited him at first he just wanted to sleep, but then he became more alert. When I was talking to him and doing a few things to him to see if he would respond, he was moaning off and on. He moved his tongue a lot and was very focused on looking at me. I told him to talk to me. He also was very alert listening to Pastor Erick's message on "Faith," and frowned once in awhile.
On Tues. morning, I go to an endodontic to have them finish my root canal. The dentist couldn't get all the way to the end of the canal to do it so she referred me, then I go back to the dentist to decide what to do with my tooth. Thurs. my parents came over to help me get the trench filled in on the north end of the back room. At 83, my dad was out there digging and nailing a piece of wood for me. I really appreciate my parents helping me to get some things done that I don't know how to do and yet need to get done. I got stung on my nose in the process while trying to dig. My dad was protective and wouldn't let me go back to digging because then there was lots of bees. My dad just killed them between doing the work. Then my neighbor came over with his bobcat to help make it go faster. Pastor explained that everything around the house here is trying to pull me back into the past, and that I can't allow it because I'm so alive now. Pastor is counseling me on how to deal with so many different things now that I'm alive. There's so many struggles. I keep asking Pastor if I can just torch or just toss everything just so I don't have the frustration of dealing with it. He's said I have to pull the plug on so many things of the past because nothing is the same any more. I have to be able to live in the present and future and not the past. Even my relationship with Kenn isn't the same any more. This week has been a tough week dealing with struggles. Some days I just wish I could walk away until it's all over but that's not the way things work does it?? I'm sure glad this week is done. I'm praying next week will be smoother sailing. Thanks for all the continued prayers. God has blessed me tremendously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home