Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Fri. June 20, 2008

6/20/08
WOW!!! What a week it has been. Mon. night I went to the support meeting. I cut across on County S from 151 to get to Hwy. 26, to get to Juneau. There's a small river that runs under 26 and guess what? Sun. evening I was able to go across this bridge no problem but Mon. night, no such luck. They had an orange snow fence across it and had you detour on the road to the left just before this bridge. After that sign I never saw another detour sign. This road took me into Beaver Dam, which was extra miles and time. Needless to say I had to stop at a gas station to ask where do I pick up 33. So I took 33 over to 26 and I was half an hour late for the meeting. Dr. Mickey was talking who works with patients in the Brain Injury Center and he's worked with Kenn when he was there. He told us that it's old school information the doctors are telling us when they say if they haven't recovered by 6 months they never will. They are finding it takes longer for the brain to heal and to get the functions back. They are finding out it can take years to recover and to never give up. He did a seminar with the staff at U.W. Hospital ER, to inform them about how people are recovering and the ER staff was impressed because they never knew what happened to them once they left ER. He said family and those that have recovered from the injury have to go back to the hospitals and rehab places to show them that they have recovered and to educate them about recovering from the injury. I talked to him afterwards about Kenn and told him how Kenn has been responding to me. He told me it sounds like you might want to get him reevaluated so that he can start getting some therapy. He also told me that I would want to schedule it when I could be there and he said I might even want to do most of it since Kenn is responding to me and not as much to anyone else. They say he will respond more to me since I've been with him for almost 35 years. Afterwards, I went over to visit Kenn and he was in bed. I started talking to him and he opened his eyes. I got him to relax his right hand so I massaged it. He kept it relaxed for awhile after I was done. I didn't stay long because he acted tired and I was too.
Wed. night, I got a call from the RN, with an update about Kenn. She thought maybe Kenn was having a slight seizure because there was some twitching in his face, but no where else, so they gave him some meds for that and checked on him often just in case it was a seizure. They had also taken him across the street, earlier in the day to see Dr. Ward, who said he wants to raise the dosage on Kenn's pump next month because he has too much tone in his body, which means he is not bending his arms or legs easy. He also changed one of his other meds from getting it 2 times a day to 3 times and then lowered the dose, to see if it will make a difference in his alertness. Kenn was also running a temperature. She also told me that the next morning they were going to do a chest xray and some blood work for tests. The xray came back fine and his white blood count was up a small amount but it was last time they did it too, so they weren't too concerned. His temperature has been normal. This is the kind of call I don't like to receive. My pastor said it's possible the twitching is because his body is waking up and trying to function and not a seizure at all. He told me to stay positive about it all. Kenn has been doing fine ever since Wed. night. God bless you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home