Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Wednesday, January 3, 2007 Update

Happy New Year Everyone!
I can't believe it's a new year again. WOW!!! The holidays
were gentle on me this year. I kept them very low key.
For Christmas Eve I went with Jeremy to one of his co-
workers place. They had invited some other friends as
well, there were eight of us all together. There they celebrated
as was their ancestors would in the country they are from. They
served a four or five course meal.
On Christmas day Jeremy and I went to visit Kenn late in the morning
for a couple of hours. Kenn slept through most of the visit, which isn't
surprising. He would sleep part of the day on a holiday even before the
accident. I was hoping Kenn would talk to me, but that didn't happen.
When we got home Jeremy helped fix a big turkey dinner for the two of
us. Later in the afternoon Shawn and his family came over and we had
our gift opening. No tears during the holidays. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!
I left Saturday morning on 12/30 and headed north. I stopped for awhile to
visit Kenn and then left early in the afternoon to go to Sturgeon Bay to visit
some friends. I spent the night with them and went to church with them
on Sunday morning. On Sunday afternoon I headed over to Green Bay to
stay with Esther and Russell. I stayed with them until January 2. On
New Years Day I went to the movie "Holiday", which I loved. Then we
went to a Mexican restaurant for supper. No tears either day, with the
exception of getting a little teary eyed during the movie. I hated to go home.
I visited Kenn on the way back late in the afternoon on Tuesday. He was
alert part of the time. He neurostormed off and on ont eh 27th and then
in the p.m. shift on New Year's Eve. He's been staying healthy, which is
really great.
I haven't heard anything on the status of moving Kenn to St. Mary's Care
Center yet.
People have commended me on how I've stuck with Kenn threough this.
I made a commitment to him in our vows over 33 years ago that I don't
take lightly. That was through the good times and the bad. God has used this
accident for me to touch other peoples lives. To me that makes it worth going
through, even though it has been hard.
I just want to encourage everyone that no matter what you are going through,
whether big or small, just put your hand in God's hand and let Him walk with
you and guide you through it. When the going gets tough just let God carry you
and let Him be your comfort and let Him sing over you. He's got the solution
even though you may not see it right away. You might even think God needs
a new watch like I do at times but it will turn out for good somehow. This
accident has been a blessing in disguise. I've had the priviledge of ministering
to so many people, and many I didn't know before the accident.
Thank you Marrianne for the comments you left for me. It was nice to hear from
someone. I know people are still praying but the enemy wants me to think no
one is any more so as to get me depressed. I'm not giving in to the enemy.
This morning Jeremy told me that he had a very emotional dream about his dad.
Kenn had come home (which is my ultimate goal) and was able to talk some but
not walk yet because he was weak. It would take too long to tell you everything
but by the end of the dream Kenn was walking and they were hugging and twirling
in circles. Jeremy felt bad that he had given up on his dad ever recovering.
I've had many dreams now where he's walking and talking. Esther has also
had a dream so it's possible it's this year. Who knows but God. We just
can't give up on God or Kenn. I guess this got alittle long but
I just had lots to say. Thanks for the prayers.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home