Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 update

Wednesday, 11/15/06
Kenn hasn't stormed since the 30 and 31 of last month so
that's real good. He's been moving his tongue much more
than he had been. He has even stuck it out a little bit.
He's alert a good share of the time when I've been there to
visit him. This last Friday the 10th, he had a swallowing
test done at the same place he had one earlier this year.
I didn't know about it until Friday night, which upset me
because I wanted to go with him. The doctor called me on
Monday with the results. I was told he didn't do good for
whatever reason. I guess he didn't want to swallow. So
that means no one can work with him on giving him anything
to swallow but me. Now they want me to let the nurse know
when I will be giving him something to swallow so they can watch
how he responds. When I talked to a nurse and Social Worker
Monday afternoon they said he seems to be responding more
to me, which I would hope so because we've known each other
for about 35 years and married for 33 of those years. I haven't
heard anything about the appeal or the place where I would like
to transfer him to until I can get him to the group home.
I've realized that I have been fighting Worker's Compensation
for over 1 year. The fight started about September of last year.
That is so frustrating to realize but I'm not giving up the fight.
I started taking care of another 7 month old boy last week
because his mom had a car accident and the grandpa has taken
him. Not sure for how long I will have him. So I have two 7
month olds, a 2 1/2 year old and then the 2 granddaughters.
Some days it's overwhelming but God is getting me through it.
Dance is going great and my instructor has pointed out how I
know so much more than when I started with lessons. I took
the granddaughters to a dance competition in Rockford on the
11 of this month. It was fun to watch something like that in person.
The excitement is real big. Justice loved it and got bit by the dance
bug, so now she wants to learn how to dance. People have been
asking what I'm going to do for the holidays. I actually wish this
year that they would just go away, but that's not possible.
The holidays will be very low key this year for me. This Saturday
I'm going to Esther's for an early Thanksgiving and taking Shawn's
2 girls and maybe Jeremy will go. Emotionally I've been having
some big meltdowns where I've cried for almost 2 hours, which I
don't like doing, but I've been told that's all part of the territory
and a healing process. God's best to you all and thanks for your
continued prayers. Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home