Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sun. 1/21/07

Sun. 1/21/07
It's so hard to know what to write and how to say it. On Wed., Kenn went across the street to
the Brain Injury Unit to see Dr. Ward so his pump dosage could be raised instead of having to
be brought into the doctor's office since the doc was there to see other residents. Dr. Ward
called to make sure we were on the same page. He felt that this raising of Kenn's pump
might be one of the last for now because he was pleased with the way Kenn's arms seem to be
relaxed. Plus he feels Kenn may not need botox for now either. He said we'll just have to wait and
see how this pump dosage affects him. He hopes it will help relax his neck muscles. He still hasn't
done any storming, which is great. On Thurs. the 18, they had to replace his feeding tube because
it fell out again. They think he might get ahold of it with his left hand by accident and then he moves
his left arm and it gets pulled on. They are trying a binder around him to help hold it in place to keep
it from being pulled out again. I went to visit him on Sat. afternoon and he was up for over
4 1/2 hours in his wheelchair and he was alert until just at the very end before they laid him down
for a nap. I played the song called, "Amazed" by Lone Star on my CD player so he had headphones
on. I played it 4-5 times in a row for him and he was making a noise as though he enjoyed it and
might be trying to hum or something with it. He was making the noise during alot of the song. Now
that was 2 times within a week that he's done that for me. I was also up to his nose with my nose
and talking to him about some intimate things and he seemed to enjoy it. He seemed to be focusing
good at times. I talked to the Administer of St. Marys Care Center and he told me my lawyer and
him have been missing each others phone calls, so I suggested to leave a message for my lawyer
about meeting at St. Marys. We'll see what happens in the next 2 weeks or less with that. I was going
to go visit Kenn this afternoon but turned around and came back to Madison because of the weather.
I ended up going to see the movie "Dreamgirls." I thought it was very good. I might try to go visit him
Mon. night if things work out to actually go. I wrote up an info sheet on Kenn and posted it on his board
in his room and so many have taken it down to read it that I need to redo it, but laminate it this time.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home