Mon. 1/15/07
Whoopee!!!! I won the battle about the bedrails being used on Kenn's bed. I had to
sign a form but that's fine. I told the Social Worker I would get my lawyer involved
if I had to but didn't want to. I've taken over putting updates on the website because
my brother-in-law and sister-in-law are too busy to do it.
Kenn hasn't done any storming since the 27th of Dec. He has been doing real good not
getting sick. He has had some drainage from his sinuses into his throat so he coughs
up some mucus and it sits there in his mouth. They don't clean out his mouth enough
times during the day so I've had to say something about it repeatedly and it has been
frustrating. On Sat. 1/13, some friends visited Kenn and they signed the book in his
room. It was nice to see. They prayed for him and he turned to look at them. On Sun.
1/14, when I visited him I cleaned out his mouth. Just after I cleaned out his mouth, he stuck out his tongue and ran it on his lower lip. After that he ran his tongue across his teeth,
as if to check his mouth to see if I got it all out. Esther talked to her dad on my cell
with an earpiece in his right ear. She told him that he would have to talk to their
baby when they came to visit him after it is born. I watched him and he opened his
eyes at that because he had them shut. When I had a new music CD in my CD player with
headphones on for him. At one point he was making some noise as if trying to hum along.
It's interesting to watch his response to thiings. I talked to a friend this morning
and told her about his response yesterday and she tends to think his brain is functioning
more now. She said since I've been with him so much since day 1 of this that I am going to see little changes like these. The nurses and the boys aren't with him enough to see much change.
I was going to go visit him today because I had no kids coming because a parent from
each family was off work. The Brain Injury Support Meeting across the street from Kenn,
was canceled for tonight because of the weather so I ended up not going because I wasn't
sure what the roads were like there and didn't want to chance it but did do a few errands
around town here. God sure uses my friend, Linda, to confirm some things. We sure can relate
to each other. She told me she is glad God didn't use her to walk this journey that I
am. Wed. the 17, Kenn is to go across the street to the Brain Injury Center to have Dr.
Ward raise his pump dosage.
Carol
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home