Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

1/10/07

NEWS FLASH!!!!! NEWS FLASH!!!! On Sun. morning, 1/7, Kenn said
2 words to Karen, the CNA. She had finished brushing his
teeth and wanted to wipe out his mouth with a sponge.
He clamped his mouth shut and didn't want to let her
finish. He surprised her by saying, "Enough now."
She told me it was in a tone like she was talking to me
and it was so clear that there was no mistaking it.
I was so glad he talked. I didn't care if it wasn't me
he talked to. On Sun. afternoon when I visited him,
he was more alert than he has been for awhile,
even the nurse mentioned it. I was talking to him
about the sweater I was wearing which was one I had
gotten for him about 3 years ago. He turned to look at
me and then at the sweater, which surprised me. I was
also talking to him and bugging him, when he looked right
at me, moved his mouth and tongue and made a noise in
his throat as if trying to talk. Last week his
feeding tube fell out which happens so they replaced it
with a new tube. Another struggle to deal with, the
place Kenn's at doesn't want to use the bed rails when
he's in bed because it's a form of restraint. I've
told them I want them used to protect him in case
he does start to move when no one is around. If he
were to fall out of bed he would hit the nightstand or the
floor which could cause him more problems. All the
hassles I've been having come against me tells me that
I'm doing something right. The enemy sure doesn't like
the way I'm able to stand strong and fight. Thanks for
all the continued prayers. Carol

1 Comments:

  • Hi, Carol....
    what a story!! You gave us the short version on on our answering machine; it was great to hear the unabridged story. This is exciting!

    Hey, I did not forget about you. We are playing phone tag. Also, Bob and I watched the kids Friday, and I was with my mom in Beloit this weekend. Will catch you on the telly this week. :)

    Enough, already.

    Love, Marianne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home