Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Friday, December 1, 2006 Update

Where do I begin?? Thanksgiving I spent most of the day with Kenn.
He was alert for some of it. Kenn has had a tough week starting last
Friday, 11/24, he had a seizure. They were able to give him medication
right where he's at instead of sending him to Beaver Dam Hospital ER.
I was so grateful that I didn't have to spend part of the night in ER with
him. Saturday he sleept alot. Well, then Saturday night he vomitted
so they turned off his feeding and he had a temperature with diarrhea.
They started up his feeding around 4 a.m. at a slower speed. Sunday
morning, which I thought was too soon. Sunday afternoon and evening
when they would put him almost flat to change his position he acted like
he was gagging, but nothing came up. When he would breathe it sounded
like there was stuff in his throat. Sunday afternoon he slept the whole time
I was there because of the extra meds they had given him. Dave and Brenda
came to visit him and we sat down in the lounge visiting while Kenn sleept.
Monday they said he was more alert and doing good until late that night he
started neurostorming. Wednesday evening I got a call from the RN telling
me that he was started on a medicine because he had an upper respiratory
virus and a temperature. Friday, 12/1, he was to come into Madison for an
appointment with Dr. Ward to get botox injections in his arm but,
because of the weather, the place he's at cancelled and it will be scheduled
for another time. He also stormed alittle the morning of 12/1, but by evening
when I called he was doing good. I tend to think he's storming more right
now because he isn't feeling good. In the past that would seem to set him off
to start storming. Every time I call I wonder what will I hear this time.
Friday night 11/24 I had an emotional night before I went to bed and then the
next day was very emotional for me too. I cried off and on for most of the day.
I'm sure some of it had to do with Kenn but I tend to think some is the holidays
too. I had a friend of Jeremy's this week tell me they haven't forgotten about us.
They are still praying for us. It was so nice to hear because it feels like
everyone has forgotten us. It feels like I'm all alone in a woods and can't find
my way out because no one has left any bread crumbs or ribbons to follow out
of the woods. God is still very faithful and gracious. Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home