Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Mon. June 29, 2009

6/29/09
WOW!! Can you believe another month just about gone? Half the year is gone already. I went to visit Kenn late Sat. afternoon. He was more alert than he has been for awhile, during my visits. He was in bed when I got there, because they were looking for another sling to use with the lift to get him from his bed to his chair, and then back to bed. They had given him a suppository and that was how his sling got soiled. He had his eyes shut laying there, so I bent down to say hi to him. He soon opened his eyes some. They found a sling and got him up in his chair, so I took him down to a sitting room to cut his hair. A nurse told me that if she knew about it then the beauty salon would have to be opened and I would have to do it in there. New rule she said. So she didn't know I was going to cut it. I then took him outside for a short time because by then it had started to rain. When we went back in, Esther talked to him on my cell phone with the earpiece in his ear. His eyes were open while Esther started talking to him, then his eyes seemed to look around a little, then he looked up at the ceiling. After awhile, he shut his eyes and then he frowned. He was making some noises while Esther talked to him. Esther told me that when I told her that he had a big frown, she told me that Mason was talking to him on the speaker phone, and was telling Grandpa to get out of his chair to come play with him. He was also telling Grandpa that he was going to be having a baby sister or brother. Awhile after they were done talking to him, then I was talking to him and sitting on his left side. His eyeballs came to the left side of his eye, and then he soon turned his head slightly to the left as if to see me. God is so good. I needed to see a little more response from him, instead of his sleeping so much. Fri. afternoon at my dance lesson, I got a certificate saying for my freestyle waltz I got 2nd place and for the freestyle mambo I got 1st place. Fri. night Elder Harry from church asked if he could hang onto my certificate for awhile, when I showed it to him. Then on Sun. at the end of the service, Pastor read the certificate and then presented me with the certificate. Fri. night the routines went off without a problem. I have orange highlights in my hair again, because I had Justice put some hair bleach in to highlight it, and so many people say they love it. Also, this last week at my age, I showed my 5 year old daycare child how to go down a slip 'n slide out in the yard. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home