Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thurs.Jan. 14, 2010

1/14/10
I brought Kenn into Madison, for a service on Tues. night, just 2 nights ago, because the weather was right, and I could get help. Our 2 boys helped. Shawn took off from work a little early in order to go with and help. Jeremy had off from work, so it worked out great to have the 2 boys lift on their dad. I didn't help lift at all, I just moved his chair when needed. At the beginning of the service, I testified. Pastor was watching Kenn, and he mentioned how Kenn was watching me real close, when I was up testifying. During the beginning of the service, I looked over at Kenn, and he was sticking his tongue out. Before the service started, Pastor was up front talking to Kenn, trying to get Kenn to look up at him, but Kenn refused to look at him, and just continued to look at me. He was very alert during the service. Pastor also mentioned that Kenn looks different. I don't remember if he said what he meant by that. After the service was over, I was in the back making CD copies of the message, so I left Kenn sitting up front by himself. He was looking around, and listening to people getting prayed for. Some people went over to talk to him, and tell him hi. So many people were willing to help with him if I needed it. The support of the people there is so great. People have told me they are praying for us, and they know he'll be walking, and talking, in God's timing. Some have even had visions of him walking, and talking. Jeremy drove taking him back to Juneau. I sat up front, but ended up crawling in the back, just so I could sit next to Kenn. It was so nice to be cuddled up next to him, and not have the chair in the way. I could put my arm around his shoulder easier. It was very emotional for me. Man, I miss being able to do that more often, or him doing it to me. The boys went in with me to take him back up to 3rd floor. When we were waiting in the entry way for someone to open the door because it was locked, I was asking Kenn if he was ready to go back in. Did he give me a big frown. I could tell he didn't want to go back in. It broke my heart seeing his frown, and knowing he really didn't want to go back. Man, if I could kidnap him I would. I've even told the nurses I would if I could, and they've said they understand. He frowned when we said by to him. Some of the nurses said it was good to see the boys. Jeremy drove home again. Shawn said it was no big deal to be there or something like that, when we got back into the van. Jeremy kind of lit into Shawn about that kind of an attitude, and told him, "yes it is. He said that since he's worked with clients, it is a big thing when family is very involved. He told Shawn that it makes a big difference, because so many aren't involved at all." Coming back my emotions kept trying to get me, because it was so hard to leave Kenn. Kenn just acts more alive now. I keep thinking if it's hard to leave him now, and he's not talking, what's it going to be like when he is talking? People have said that I must be so unique, in order to with stand all that I've had to deal with since the accident, which I'm not so sure of. Tues. night, Shawn asked if I've contacted St. Mary's Care Center, on the southwest side of Madison, just off PD. I said no. My sister works there, and she told me last month when she helped get Kenn in for his dad's funeral, that they had openings there. She told me to try to get Kenn in there again. I forgot because of the holidays. Yesterday while talking to Pastor, I was going to ask his opinion about it, but before I could he told me he thought I should try to move him closer to home, so I could visit him more, and get him to more services, which would be great. So this morning, I talked to Laura, at St. Mary's. She took some info about Kenn, and she'll talk to someone where Kenn's at, then do an assessment as to whether they can accept him, and then let me know. So I ask all of you to keep this in prayer. I pray this is the right time to move him there. I've decided if Worker's Comp. wants to fight me on this, if I need to, I will go back to court again. It's ridiculous that they can say no to me moving him closer. Yes, they would be paying out a little more a day, than where he's at now. Like Pastor told me yesterday, when we go to get him, and take him back, it takes 4 1/2-5 hours, when you figure in the drive there,and back 2 times, then the time it takes to go in to get him, then to load him in the van, then to unload him from the van and take him back in when we get him back there. Not many people have that much free time, so it's hard to get people to help with him. I so appreciate the ones who have helped with him. I just wish I could do it myself. I just thank God for everything. Praise God, Jeremy got a part-time job delivering pizzas for Domino's Pizza. He's possibly getting another part-time job. I will be writing about my visit to Kenn on Sun. in another update. Thank you for continued prayers. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home