Sat. Nov. 28,2009
I hope you all had a great and blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you Jaimie so much for writing that comment. It blessed me tremendously. I so appreciate all the encouragement and prayers I that come my way, because this has been a long, lonely, and hard road to travel. There is so much I want to get Kenn's opinion on, but obviously I can't, which is hard. I thank God that He hasn't left me. I need His strength, guidance, love, each and every day, in order to keep going. I can say even though, there has been struggles for me along the way, I'm so honored to be such an example, to so many people of who God is, and how He gives you whatever you need to make it. To God be the glory!! I went to visit Kenn a week ago today, but he didn't want to respond much to me. He just wanted to keep his eyes shut, to make me think he was sleeping, which I could tell he wasn't. I've been told by someone, that they feel that Kenn is mad at me for not being there every day, and that's why sometimes he keeps his eyes shut to ignore me. They told me, he hears everything being said and comprehends it. He also ignores Pastor sometimes, when Pastor tries talking to him. If his eyes are open, he'll look the other way. None of this is new to me, because I've felt this too. This was a confirmation of what I've been feeling all along. Sun. night, I got to use my van to take 7 other people to Racine, to be a part of a special event there, with others from the fellowship. It was such an honor, and blessing to me, to use the van for this purpose. Mon. and Tues. everything I was dealing with, became so overwhelming for me. OH!! did I want to run away big time, and leave Jeremy to deal with the daycare kids, and everything else here. Pastor talked to me on Tues. and told me, that he didn't like the way I sounded, and the words I was using. He could tell I was struggling big time. Tues. afternoon, I had planned to go pick Kenn up for the service, but that fell through. It wasn't the right time, and in God's plan for that night. Thanksgiving Day, I went to visit Kenn in the morning, and he wanted to sit with his eyes shut again. He would open his eyes a few times, when I told him to. I called Pastor to get his advice on whether I stay, and let him continue this game of ignoring me. He advised me to talk to him, and explain why I was leaving. Then go to Jenny's to spend a short time with the family. So I went to Jenny's for a short time, then I went over to church later in the afternoon, to help with the community dinner we were hosting for the homeless, or anyone else who wanted to come. It had been on the news the night before, so we had so many volunteers show up to help. It was amazing to be a part of such a big thing, where so many people came together from different walks of life, different colors of skin, different nationalities, with one purpose, one goal, and one focus. The fellowship is trying to reach out to the community to help meet the needs of people in every way possible. In providing for their physical, mental, and spiritual needs. The fellowship has also started a day shelter, for the homeless to get out of the cold, or anyone out of a job, so they can use the internet to look for a job, get a lunch, encouragement, or anything else they may need. It is great to see God working, and to be a part of it. Thanks for the prayers, and to God be the glory. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home