Fri., July 31,2009
It was good to see my sisters and some of their families last Sun. That's the only time during the year that we all get together. We had some nieces and nephews missing with their family. We got family pictures of those there, so one of my sisters puts all the pictures on a DVD set to music and then she sends us all a DVD. I went to visit Kenn, early evening on Sun. after my family gathering. When I first got there, I saw Norma, the CNA, who had worked some with Kenn across the street on the brain injury wing. She told me congrats on my dance competition, because I had posted my results from it on his board in his room, for those who wanted to know. She didn't know I had started dance lessons, but was happy I have. She was amazed at how good I looked and loved all the different colors in my hair from putting hair bleach in it. I also talked a few minutes with Vicki, the RN. She was saying how good it's been that he hasn't stormed since Dec. 5. She explained what the RN meant when she told me that they would be giving him a bigger dose of his blood clotting med, when I talked to th RN, a week ago tonight. Emotions tried to take over after that conversation on the phone with the RN. Kenn was quite alert and seemed to focus on me when I would talk to him. Now that I have a van, I will be able to go get him and bring him in for a Tues. night service. I'm not sure if this Tues. or next Tues. I will start that. I had someone from church say she could go with some of the time. Pastor told me that I'll feel like I'm breaking him out and it will be exhilerating. I said yes it will, because I've been telling him I would kidnap him if I could. I talked to a nurse there and she said there's only a form to fill out as far as she knows, for me to take him any where. I'm so excited about this. I've wanted to be able to get him to a service for over a year. I worked at the Atwood Fest on Sat. from noon to 7p.m., and got sumburnt some, but it was so much fun and the fellowship with others from church was great. Yesterday, I helped man the bake sale at Wal-Mart east, and the fellowship with the 2 other women there was great. We were laughing so much. The got to see the goofy side of me and they said they loved it, because life is to short to be grumpy and sad. Mon. morning I had to go into Summitt to take care of some business. Susan, who I had gotten to know from the Cottage Grove Rd. branch since Kenn's accident, was at the receptionist's desk. She had been wondering how things were going with me and my husband. We talked a little bit. She got tears in her eyes she said, because I was such an inspiration to her. She was down some that morning and needed something to pick her up. She was so amazed at how I'm able to keep going, and amazed at how I've chosen to live life, instead of giving up. I'm just doing what I'm supposed to do, which is to be an inspiration to others, and to encourage them, because life is what you make it. I just praise God for putting me in the fellowship I'm in, for sitting under Pastor's teaching I'm under, and for the strength to walk this out. The blessings that are coming my way are so unbelievable. Even my kids and granddaughters are going where did you get that,or how can you afford that? When you tithe and give above your tithe, and are obedient in doing what God wants you to do, and give of your time, you get the blessings. This is my season for the blessings. Tues. night my 5 year old daycare child stayed overnight, because her 7 month baby sister had surgery on Tues. morning, because the shunt was malfunctioning and the fluid was building up on her brain. The 2 year old was picked up by their dad late Tues. afternoon so he could spend time with just her. There's a lady at church that showed me she has started painting her fingernails different colors just like I do. I guess I'm making an impact on people, more than I realize. I just know I have a rich life in God and wouldn't want it any other way. I'm so blessed to be his child. God bless all who are still reading these updates.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home