Mon. Sept. 8, 2008
Kenn has been storming some again, but I guess what's new about that, huh? Thurs. which was Kenn's 55 birthday. Thhat evening I was ambushed again by emotions off and on, since I didn't go visit him, because I figured he would want to sleep after having all the extra meds. I also, didn't go to group dance, because of the way I was feeling and Pastor said it would have been real hard for me if I had gone. Fri. night, I went to visit Kenn. Whoa!! Did Kenn respond to me when I did things to him. He was very alert when I got there. He was focusing on me very intently and even making some noises every so often in his throat. He was turning to the right a little. Moving his tongue. It was so hard to leave him. I would have cried when I left if I hadn't been talking to Esther on the phone. I didn't dare go to the dance because of the way I was feeling. Sat. night at church did God's anointing fall. WOW!! It was so wonderful. Sun. morning was also a powerful service. At the end of the service a couple renewed their vows. Now that was hard to stay there for. I was ambushed again by emotions, but was able to keep the tears to a bare minimal. I just wanted to run out of there, but I was in the front row so I didn't feel I could. But I survived it like so many other things, because I'm victorious and a conquer. Kenn was turned down again by St. Mary's Care Center, so Kenn will be staying where he is, because they have done some research and found out Kenn doesn't fall under the ruling they were talking about where the county pays part of the fee for the person to be at the nursing home. Worker's Comp pays the whole fee in Kenn's case, so they told me he doesn't need to move by the end of year. Yeah!!! The transition now, could also mess up the way he is responding. Plus the nurses have become so familiar with what to watch him for and how to deal with him. A new place would have to learn this all over again and Kenn would have to get used to new people again, which is not so good when you have a brain injury.
Jeremy had a dream about his dad last Thurs. morning. Jeremy was walking by a dark doorway and his dad stepped out behind him. It surprised Jeremy that his dad was walking and then he started talking to Jeremy. I've had people tell me my writing has changed. God has shown me it's because now I can see things more clearly like looking through a lens that's been adjusted. Plus, He has changed me so drastically, that it's unreal. Thank you, Marianne, for responding with a comment. I've read that comment many times. It has really touched me. Thanks.
1 Comments:
You are welcome, Carol. :>)
Hey, we are thinking of you, during this tough time, your wedding anniversary. A cyber hug is in order.
Marianne xo xo
By
Anonymous, at 9:43 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home