Thursday 6/8
Kenn is feeling better now. On Sunday afternoon
when I was there he looked pale and wanted to sleep
in his chair. He also had quite a few visitors
Sunday afternoon. They took him off oxygen on
Tuesday His temperature is staying down. They gave
him 3 out of 4 of his feedings on Monday They were
diluted feedings but I tend to think that he neurostormed
some on Monday night and into early Tuesday morning
because the feedings were sitting heavy in his stomach
after not having anything but his medications with some
water and Gatorade. His stomach couldn't handle the
feedings. He ended up vomitting again two more times
about mid-morning on Tuesday. So it was back to just water,
Gatorade and his medications. Late Tuesday afternoon
when I visited him he had rosy cheeks, which was good to
see again. He was laying in bed and he seemed to be very
alert. His head was turned to the left at times and
his eyes seemed to be looking out into the hall to see
who was going by, which I've never seen him do before.
The nurse agreed he seemed to be looking out there to see
who was going by his room. I was on his right side and
talked to him and he brought his eyes and head to the
right to look at me which he hasn't done for awhile.
Today they started him on a medication which is supposed
to help his stomach keep his feedings down. He has been
alert today and seems to be relaxed. He has tolerated his
diluted feedings today so far.
To say the least, the last 2 weeks has been hard and exhausting.
Shawn is planning to dig the trench around the house on
Saturday the 10th.
Something else I've noticed Kenn doesn't turn away when
I kiss him on his mouth like he used to. He is taking
steps to recovering. God is so faithful.
___________________________________________________
Carol
_________________________________________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home