Wednesday, 4/5
Sunday was a very good day for Kenn. He was very
relaxed and alert while I was there. He was sitting
up in his chair when I got there. The nurse came in
to give him some meds and while she was in there I
was talking to Kenn about a get together coming up.
The nurse remarked on how it looked like he was trying
to smile. She also told me that the other night while
she worked with Kenn, he coughed and he seemed to be
putting some sound behind the cough. She said it was
interesting to hear this. She hadn't heard this from him
before. She said she would have to record this in his
records because some don't think he is responding at
all, but the nurses are seeing different responses.
I've done alot of reflecting over the past year and
even before Kenn's accident and God has shown me how
so many things were preparing us. For instance, this
month on my birthday, Kenn bought his motorcycle two
years ago. When he got the loan for it, he also got
diablility insurance in case something should happen
that disabled him, the loan payment would be paid by
the insurance. What a blessing to not have to make that
payment. He's never gotten that kind of insurance on
any loan we've had over the years. I find that so
interesting. We had a big disagreement over him buying
the cycle and I feel that is why last August when he said
the words, "My motor" he was wondering if I had sold
it or what. I didn't of course. It's sitting in storage
waiting for him to recover.
Also, the morning of Kenn's accident, he called me. That was
unusual for him. We talked about finances and his last
statement to me before saying good-bye was, "What would you
do if I couldn't work for awhile?" I told him I'd deal with
it, not knowing it would happen that same afternoon. WOW!!
There's many other things too, to many to write them
all here. More than one person has said maybe you should
write a book with all the things you've been through in
the last year. Maybe down the road. I just don't know.
I tried writing an update on Sunday but I've felt so
fried this week I just couldn't function to think straight.
It's such a busy week this week. On Sunday morning I also found
out that an uncle of mine passed away so his funeral is
this Thursday. My parents are coming home for that so
maybe I can see them for a short time. On Monday Kenn had
a doctor's appointment to get his bacolfen pump refilled
with medication. The old medication was taken out because
it can break down after 6 months. A new more concentrated
medication was put in. After he got back to his room
they said he started neurostorming and that continued until
late yesterday. I'm checking into requesting an MRI on his
right shoulder to see if there's a pinched nerve that's
causing Kenn pain. Tuesday morning I had an appointment
about Kenn and that went well. Our oldest son kept
my daycare child so I could go. Wednesday, early evening
is my aerobic class. Thursday is my uncle's funeral. I have
the granddaughters over night from Thursday through Sunday
morning because Shawn is going out of town and Jenny has to
work. Saturday Kenn's family is having a gathering we are to
go to. Then on Sunday afternoon is another gathering I'm to
go to. Next Monday afternoon I have a meeting at Clearview.
Tuesday morning is a chiropractor appointment for Kenn to
see if that will help to stop the neurostorming. Then
Thursday afternoon is the hearing. When I look at this schedule
I'm thinking "God help me through all of this." It's so
overwhelming, so I can only take one minute at a time
and then one day. I'm going to get a picture of Kenn made up
for anyone who would like a picture to put on the refrig to
remind them to pray for all of us. Just
let me know where to send it if you'd like one. I need extra
prayer this week and next week to get through it. Plus the
used gas dryer that I got last year quit working so I've
been going to the laundromat and it sounds like there might
be a problem with the fan on the pellet stove so I haven't
been using that. But I guess that's all a part of
life, huh??
Thanks,
carol
_____________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home