Wednesday, 5/24
I had a doctor's appointment with Kenn at Dr. Ward's
office this morning. They increased the dosage in his
baclofen pump again, which makes the third time this
month. They want to get it up there a ways and then
start backing off if they need to. Increasing the dosage
has helped cut down on his neurostorming, I think, and also
the botox treatment in his right arm and shoulder has
helped. He looks more comfortable. Since a week ago
Monday and into early Tuesday morning he hasn't done any
neurostorming, which is great. The nurses know my voice
when I call in the evening to see what kind of day Kenn had.
Friday night when Shawn and his girls went to visit Kenn
with me they got to hear some vocal noise from him and watch
how well he was swallowing the yogurt and a little water.
My youngest granddaughter, Kaili, was with Kenn and I out
in the dining room when Kenn made a loud vocal noise. She
went running in the other room to tell her sister and her dad
because she was so amazed to hear him make that loud noise.
Kaili also stayed with me for the weekend. She went to my
cousin's house on Sunday the 21st in Stoughton and then we
walked down to the parade. She loved it. After the parade
the emotions started more so I was in a frump Sunday evening.
I have another court date. It's more than 8 weeks from the
last one. The date is Friday morning at 9:30 on June 30.
Now that he's showing more signs of recovering maybe more
will be decided at this hearing. The nurses are
still saying he seems to be more alert and focusing as well as
making some vocal noises. This morning at the doctor's office
the nurse talked to him and she said he was looking right at her.
Carol
___________________________________________________
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home