Monday, 5/8
Where do I begin. WOW!! So much has gone on. Last
Wednesday morning I went to visit Kenn. While I was
there I took him outside for a walk. His muscles were
stiff from neurostorming during the night. Friday
morning Kenn had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Ward
for botox injections in his right arm to help it relax.
On the ride into Madison, Kenn vomitted 2-3 times. I
think his stomach was very sensitive because he had
just been fed between 5-6a.m. and the van picked him
up to start into Madison about 7a.m. He also was sitting
in the back where you feel the bumps. The ride in is
very bumpy. I had put a change of clothes in his bag on
the back of his chair. Well, we sure needed them. He
got the injections and also the pump dosage was turned up.
Then on Saturday, about midmorning, I got the dreaded call
from Clearview. They had sent Kenn to Beaver Dam Hospital
ER because he was having a seizure that wouldn't stop with
medication. When I got there he was still having some
twitching. They said his Dilantin level was below 10 but
not by much. Plus they also started him on another
medication for seizures. They sent him back to Clearview
about 3:45p.m. He was sleeping very soundly because of the
meds they had given him. I ended up leaving him about 6
because I was so drained and tired, plus he was still
sleeping so soundly. When I called the nurse
before going to bed they said he was doing good. Sunday
afternoon he vomitted again when a CNA was in the process
of putting the head of his
bed down, so they could get him ready to sit up in his
wheel chair. He had just finished eating and they think
his stomach was probably sensitive to all that's been
going on the last 3 days. They did end up getting him up
later so I could take him outside for awhile.
When I put his brace on his right hand Sun afternoon, his right
fingers were more relaxed. They also have told me he's been
doing alot of moaning since his seizure. Well, this afternoon
I got a call from Vicki the RN. SHE WANTED TO LET ME KNOW THAT
KENN HAD SAID 'HI' TO BRENT WHEN HE WENT IN TO WORK WITH HIM!!!!.
Another person was with him and heard Kenn say it. The LPN also
remarked on how he seemed to be looking straight at her and
focusing when she talked to him She went over to the wall to
get the picture of Kenn and I. She remarked on how he seemed
to be looking at it. She said something to him and he moaned
in answer to it. I was shocked to hear he had said something.
I was on cloud nine. I wanted to go see him so bad tonight
but it would be late by the time I could get going. Maybe it
will work out to go sometime on Tuesday. I also found out I
may need to attend another funeral before long because my aunt
is dieing of kidney cancer. Her husband's funeral was just one
month ago, I attended. Since last Wednesday it has been an
emotional roller coaster for me. I'm just exhausted from
everything. Anything I do seems to be a big chore and takes
so much energy. So hearing the news of Kenn
talking today was a pick me up. I needed it.
Thanks.
Carol
___________________________________________________
1 Comments:
Carol, this is the first time I've checked in on your messages for a while. We were in Texas for almost a month.
This story is amazing!!!! Ken's "HI" is BIG!!!! How grateful you must feel for this break-through moment.
Blessings on you, biker momma.
Love, Marianne Jensen xo
By
Anonymous, at 9:05 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home