Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tue.4/18
WOW!! Easter already! Twenty-nine years ago on the 15th,
I gave birth to my second baby boy, named Shawn, who I call
my tax baby. That's hard to believe. Time seems to just whizz
by to some extent and then on another hand it seems to go slow.
I guess it just depends on what we are dealing with.
On Monday, 4/10, I had a staff meeting at Clearview.
It was very short compared to the staff meetings I was used to
from the Brain Injury Center. I was able to ask a few questions
that I had at the meeting and the nurse asked me a few questions
also. After the meeting I stayed to spend time with Kenn.
On Tuesday, 4/11, Kenn was brought into Madison for a
chiropractor appointment. He did extremely well at this
appointment.He relaxed so well when on his back that he fell
asleep for awhile. We moved him onto his sides and then onto his
stomach. He didn'tget upset about it or anything. I'm thinking
he remembered going through having adjustments before his
accident. When I called Tuesday nightto talk to the nurse,
she remarkedon how relaxed he looked. She made a remark about
how she hasn't seen him this relaxed. He did some neurostorming
early Thursdaymorning and Thursday night and then again on
Saturday but atleast it's not as much as ithas been. On
Thursday afternoon I had the hearing for Workman's Comp. That
was very frustratingbecause nothing was decided. I testified.
The other side's lawyer was trying to trip me up byasking me
alot of the same questions that my lawyer had already asked. I
kept my cool until I was done testifying, then I lost it to tears.
I have another hearing in 6-8 weeks where the Workman's Comp.
lawyer wants to have the director of the group home testify
and another person that they had hired testify. Our daughter
Esther, and her husband came down from Green Bay to Madison for
the hearing. I have been so emotionally drained the last two
weeks it's been unreal. Saturday I felt very restless and not sure
why. I apologize if at the gatherings on Saturday and Sunday,
4/8 and 4/9 if I seemed to ignore anyone. It wasn't intentional
but I was so exhausted that I almost didn't go to either of them.
In response to some saying I'm losing weight, yes I am but I'm
monitoring it closely. It's not a big amount. I do not have an
eating disorder just no apetite. I have to stop and think when
was the last time I ate and how much. I have to make myself eat
and I feel God has shown me I don't really care to eat because
Kenn and I used to go out to eat once in awhile because that is
about all the time Kenn had. Plus I'm working out to tone my body.
Easter was an emotional one for me. When I visited Kenn in the
afternoon he wanted to sleep most of the time because he had been
neurostorming on Saturday and was exhausted. Monday night I went
to the Brain Injury SupportMeeting in Juneau. We talked about how
people who haven't had someone close to them with a brain injury
don't understand it can take years to recover and that it's so
different than other injuries. Each brain injury is different.
No one can say who will recover and who won't. They all need a
chance to recover instead of sitting in a nursing home waiting to die.
After the meeting I went across the street to visit Kenn. He was in
bed and very alert. Italked to him and he sure seemed to be in the
present. I told him he was still good looking and he frowned at me
just like he used to before his accident. When I was praying for him
he was looking at me and would frown. When the nurse was in his room
to put eye drops and ointment in his eyes he would squint them shut
tighter. It was funny to watch. He hates that in his eyes. He is
responding to things it's amazing. Sorry this took so long to write
but it has been real hard to know what to say. There is so much more
I could say but I would run out of room. Just a last thought. If
anyone would like to take over for me for just a week to give me a
break let me know. Just kidding, but it sure would be nice .
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home