Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Sat. Feb. 4, 2012

2/4/12
Greetings to everyone who still is reading these updates. Can you believe we are already into the second month of the new year. It just don't seem possible. I can't believe a week from today, the 11, it will be 7 years out from Kenn's accident. Some days it don't seem like its that long, and then other days it sure seems a whole lot longer. The pastor of the church we were attending just before the accident, had his accident right around this date and died. Kenn had a doctor's appointment on Jan. 5, with Dr. Bragg, who was the one to do his surgery in Oct., so she wanted to refill his bacolfen pump for the first time, and then to check the site. She remarked how well it looked. The appointment was at the clinic in the Children's Hospital,. They were running behind, so it gave me a chance to sit talking to JoAnn, who was the driver that brought him in. We've talked other times she has brought him to an appointment, but it's been awhile. She told me that he had his eyes open most of the ride there. Now of course, he had them shut. Kenn did frown when Dr. Bragg, poked him with the needle to draw out the little bit of the medication still left in the pump. Dr. Bragg told me that now he can go back to Dr. Ward's office refilling his pump, but if the pump shows any sign of problems get him into her. So I set the appointment up with Dr. Ward's nurse to refill in about 3 months. I guess there was 3 residents from Clearview, who had to be at this clinic today, and none of them rode together. This appointment wasn't in for a short time, and then out like at Dr. Ward's, because we were there for about 2 hours, which alot of that time was waiting. After the appointment, I stopped at Panera Bread on University Ave. to treat myself, because I had made it through an emotional night on the 4. So I treated myself to a bagel and a Chai Latte, while I sat there writing how the appointment went, so I wouldn't forget. It was so nice to just sit there writing, enjoying my treat, because I had no where to be, or no phone ringing either. I've started going to a Cottage Grove school to pick up my 3 year old daycare girl, 3 days a week from a special class, then I got to my daycare parents house just outside o f Cottage Grove to feed the 2 girls. They only have about a half hour to eat, then we need to be back on the road again, taking the 4 year old to her K-4 class on the west side of Cottage Grove, then I can come home again. So I'm extremely grateful for the warmer winter, because of all the driving I'm doing. I had an accident with the van on Thurs. afternoon on the 12. I was coming back into Madison and coming down the ramp from Hwy.30, when my brakes locked up, because of the bad snow. It did just over $1600, which wasn't to bad. I was listening to one of Pastor's CD messages when it happened, which was a good thing, because it could have freaked me out having an accident, had my mind not been on God at the time, what with Kenn having an accident almost 7 years earlier and suffering a brain injury. On Sat. night of the 21 I was coming home after a special church service over off Rimrock. I was coming to the intersection of Buckeye Rd. and 51, and saw a couple of cars who had just had an accident. There was stuff all over the road, and both lanes were blocked, the police hadn't arrived yet. Then I get just 2 houses to the south of my house and see my neighbors car that's sitting on the street, had been hit on the drivers front side. I thought what are the chances of seeing both in the same night, just a few minutes apart. I thought, man am I being tested or what, to see if I was going to freak out. I stayed calm, and I did text a couple of people to ask them to keep me up in prayer so my thoughts wouldn't start going. One of them said they couldn't believe I would run across 2 within a few minutes of each other on the very same night. I just thank God for getting me through, because it's His strength that has gotten me through and kept me focused. Praise God!! Jeremy spoke on selfishness last Sun. night, at a church in Reedsburg, WI. Now tomorrow morning I start my month long of teaching at the 9:30 am service at church which is located at 1711 Thierer Rd. Madison, if anyone is in the area and would like to come, you're welcome. This is also the time of year I get forms to fill out for guardianship again, and some other papers, it's also Valentine's Day, then 7 years out from his accident and Pastor Rod's accident resulting in his death. So there has been some struggle to stay out of memories, emotions and stay focused. So your prayers are greatly appreciated. God bless!!

1 Comments:

  • Hi Carol, I was thinking of you and Kenn today and now I get why. 7yrs seems surreal. I haven't talk to you in a while and would love to catch up. Call me at the office if you would like to. As always my thoughts and prayers are alwasy with you both.
    Steve Huck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home