Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wed., Nov. 30, 2011

11/30/11
Greetings!!! WOW!!! We are about to embark on the very last month of the year. Are you all ready to have Christmas, and then to start a new year? It just doesn't seem possible. But sorry it's been so long since I wrote. I just checked with Clearview, to make sure they knew about his doctor appointment tomorrow afternoon with Dr. Ward, for his yearly check up. I went to visit Kenn the day after Thanksgiving, just so that it wasn't too much for me to try doing everything on Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving Day I went to Jenny's mom's house with Jeremy, Shawn, and his family for lunch. Then between 1-2, I went to my church to help with the meal for the homeless, and anyone else who had no where else to go. After helping clean up there, between 4-5 I went over to Esther's. Her 2 kids had colds, and she didn't want to take the kids any where. By 8 I was ready to go home and just be by myself, so I did. When I went to visit Kenn on the 26, I called ahead to let them know I was coming and would be there in about an hour, which was late afternoon. I called a 2nd time just to make sure, which was a good thing, so I wouldn't have to wait again for them to get him up. They were still in his room from getting him up and they had just cleaned out his mouth. I gave him some water, and he swallowed it fine. Somebody has asked if he's responding any more. I said in the last year, he's responded more than before. Esther has some of it on a video that she has taken while there visiting her dad. He listened to Pastor's message on Pressing toward the mark, and was wide awake. After he was done listening to it, then I put in the CD message where I was speaking for the 1st time. Pastor had me teaching for 30-45 minute on Tues. night Nov.15. I wasn't even scared or nervous. People were so amazed how much information I had to give on Faith. He frowned a little bit when he was listening to my message. He probably couldn't believe it was actually me. When it was done, I was talking to him and he frowned at me. I took him outside for a walk, because it was still quite warm from it being a warm day. I had gone to visit him on Nov. 12, because I didn't have any daycare kids. I had called the RN to have her give the 3rd floor a message I was coming, and to get him in his chair. She failed to give them the message, and so I had to wait for at least 45 min. before they could get him up, because they were doing supper. I had him listen to a CD of songs by Loretta McCord, who used to go to the same fellowship I did before the accident, which he seemed to enjoy. He also listened to Minister Tanya teach on Distractions, which he also seemed to enjoy. He did seem more tired this night. He was wide awake when I went in his room, before they got him up. I was talking to him, and he was focusing. He seems to turn to the right more with his head to look at me when I'm talking to him. They moved his room mate out of his room, because they had an empty room, and so now Kenn has his own room, which makes it so much easier to get his chair around, I took him outside for a quick walk, because it was kind of chilly this evening. I haven't had a dance lesson for about 3 weeks, so I need to get back to that. Trying to figure out what to do for Christmas. I've had people telling me that I need to slow down and take some time for me, and not keep doing so much for everyone else. They told me that I need to figure out what do I want to do for Christmas. I've gone to look at the lights at Olin Park, with Esther and her kids. Desiree loved the lights, and she asked to go through at least 3 times, she also got so excited over them. Her 2nd birthday is on Dec. 23. God is so good. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home