Jan. 10, 2012
Happy New Year to everyone!!! Sorry it has taken so long to write, but it has been a very busy time for me, as I'm sure it has been for all of you. I was able to keep the holidays low key, with no drama from the kids. I did 3 weeks without dance lessons over the holidays. For Christmas Eve, I went to a church service at the same place the 3 kids and grand kids went. Afterwards, I went out to a Chinese restaurant with Shawn, Jenny, their 2 girls, and Jeremy. Esther took her 2 kids home to do Christmas with just them. Christmas Day, I went to my church, and then came home to find Shawn and his family here already. Jeremy had gone to somebody's house with a friend. So while I was cooking supper, Esther and her 2 kids came over. I didn't even mind cooking this year, so that's a big milestone for me. We all ate, and then opened presents. When Jeremy came home, he opened his presents. No one made any remarks to Esther about Russell, which was nice. I sat playing Battleship with Kaili after opening presents, because she had gotten it as a gift and she had fun being able to use it right away. Then on the morning of the 26, we had Christmas at the Skaleen Home in Stoughton, where Kenn's mom is living. It's sad to see that she doesn't even know her own kids. We all got to see Stan and Dawn's new grand baby, and get our picture taken holding him. After that everyone went to Home Town Buffet to eat, which is by EastTowne. After everyone was done eating, they went over to Shawn and Jenny's house which is just a few blocks away from there. Esther's little girl, Desiree turned 2, on the 23, just before Christmas. So I took my 3 daycare girls, Shawn's 2 girls, and we all joined Esther and her 2 kids at Chuck 'E Cheese to help Desiree celebrate her birthday. We had pizza, and then they all got a bunch of tokens to go on the rides, or to play the games. They all had a blast. There wasn't too many people there, which made it easier. I went to visit Kenn the afternoon of the 26, because I have found it to be so hard to go visit him and then still do everything with the kids on Christmas. I told Kenn's family that I was going to be ordained as a minister on New Year's Eve and they were excited for me. I even gave them a CD of the message I had preached in Nov. on faith to listen to. One of my nephews is a leader of some college students, and asked if I would be willing to come talk to them, which would be an honor to be able to do that. I guess from the feedback I got that everyone, even my own kids included, were glad to have me be more of a participating person in Christmas this year compared to the last 5 years. I actually enjoyed it for the first time since Kenn's accident. God has had me dealing with alot of things this past year considering Kenn, and other things. I've been able to bring some closure to some things. This past year was a tough year because of all the stuff that has gone on, but I'm a better person because of it. God has given me the strength to make it through. Praise God!!! Yes, the week leading up to Christmas was a tough week for me emotionally, but that's okay. I went to visit Kenn on the 26, instead of going to the restaurant with everyone, and they were all fine with that. I had called ahead to make sure they would have him up in his chair, which they did. I talked with Nancy the nurse, when I got there for a few minutes. She was so happy to hear that I actually enjoyed Christmas this year. She said he's responding more lately. She had told me that she had seen a decline in his responding after moving to the building he's in now, and it bothered her. She had said he still had a small sore yet on his back side, but it was healing. She said he does get range of motion each morning. He does still have some yellow area from his bruising, and the blue tape is still on his left arm until it starts to fall off itself. He seemed quite tired this day for some reason. I had forgotten to take the clippers to cut his hair so it's getting quite long. He listened to a CD message. At the end of my visit I took him back up to his room so the nurse, Ann, could disconnect his feeding, and give him his meds. The 3 of us were in his room, while she was doing this, so I was talking to her. She stood watching the way Kenn just sat focused on me talking. She said she was glad to see that. On New Year's Eve, I was ordained as a minister along with some others. It was a very powerful time. I never knew I had such a call on my life. I just praise God that I was able to answer the call. I signed up with a self publishing company to publish a couple of books. The first one will be compiling Pastor's messages to get the information out. The second one will be about what I've walked through since the accident and how God has guided me the whole way and given me strength to endure what I have. I'm so indebted to God, because without Him I wouldn't be where I am. Thank you for your continued prayers. God bless you all!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home