Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wed. Dec. 14, 2011

12/14/11
Happy Holidays to you all!!! Where do I begin here? I sure do love this mild weather we're having here in Madison. It sure helps the heat bill and its so nice to not have snow yet to shovel, or drive in. Thurs. Dec. 1, Kenn had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Ward. We were in the doctor examining room about 1 1/2 hours. Dr. Ward asked me so many questions about him, and we discussed so many things pertaining to Kenn. He was very happy to see how well the incision area had healed from the baclofen pump being replaced in Oct. He asked how it went. He wants to keep the dosage of the pump at the level it is now, because is seems to be working well for him, and if it gets raised much more, then we could start running into problems. He noted that he wants to get him off some of the meds that he don't seem to need any more. He said he wants some lab tests taken of his thyroid and hormones. He took his black boots and socks off his feet to check his legs, and feet. He was pleased with the way his boots fit, and were keeping his feet from dropping more then they have. Dr. Ward did get Kenn to track a purple case, which he was happy to see him do. He did say we need to watch his upper arms for stiffening up and if that happens then we go to botox injections, like he's had before. He was so pleased with the way his hands relax. But he wasn't very pleased with the elbow splints they were using and said they can cause a problem. Dr. Ward asked what has been going on with Kenn since his last appointment just over a year ago. I filled him in on the cancer and he asked why I wasn't going to have any more done with it. He was fine with it, and could understand. I was prepared for the visit to be almost 2 hours long like other years. I had forgotten just how draining it could be. On my way home, I called the nurse at Clearview to fill her in on what was said during the visit. Dr. Ward's concern about those elbow splints proved to be correct, because I got a call from the nurse Marie, at Clearview where Kenn is staying. She informed me that Kenn's left upper arm on the inside was swollen up and the left side of his chest. Donna the nurse told me when she first saw it, it was just a red area. Donna said by the next night when she saw it, it had become black 'n blue, and still swollen. What they can figure out is that, when he was turned onto his left side for changing his position, the elbow splints had some how dug into him, and put to much pressure on those areas. Donna informed me that being he is getting a blood thinner med, it can make him bruise much easier. They discontinued using the elbow splints, and occupational therapy will have to figure out something else to use. They were going to take chest x-rays to make sure there was no damage inside his chest they didn't know about. I was also told about a sore on his back side that seemed to be healing nicely, which I didn't even know he had. Then some hours later, the occupational therapist called to update me on what she was going to be doing. She had talked to Worker's Comp and had been given the okay to do some therapy with him for awhile. She had to agree they are some tough people to get their okay to do anything extra. She understands what I've had to deal with now and the fight I've had. She is to call me when she is done doing therapy with him to see where we go from there. Then the next day I got a call from the nurse Vicki, to let me know the x-rays were fine. They didn't find anything wrong. His lungs were clear. She talked to me about how much Kenn is up in his chair, because Dr. Ward had written something about it, so she knew I had said something. She had the CNA keep track of how many hours Kenn was up during the day. It figured out to be about 7, when you also include his time in a recliner. I asked her if they could get him out amongst the residents during activities more, instead of off away from them in another area there. She said they could try. I didn't make it there for the Christmas Party for the residents on Sun. Dec. 4. Sat. Dec. 10, Esther and her 2 kids went with me to visit Kenn, later afternoon into the evening. When I checked out his chest and upper left arm, they were a yellowish color, as though someone had put iodine all over the area. The yellow color is all the way over onto his right side of his chest, and his left arm is yellow. They had also put some special blue tape on his left upper arm and chest area to give it more support. They said it didn't seem to be sore when they would move his arm, or touch the area on his chest that was swollen up. He seemed extra tired, and he kept his eyes shut quite a bit. At one point, he did seem to turn and look at Desiree. Mason was so happy to go see his Grandpa. The older ladies loved seeing the kids and both kids loved the decorated trees and decorations.. Kenn focused a little on me. I did take him outside for a few minutes even though it was windy and cold. Yesterday I had Barb from Clearview, call to confirm a pump refill Jan. 5. Christmas Eve, I plan to go to a church service, then possibly over to Esther's for awhile. Christmas Day, I have church and then planning to have the kids here about 5. Not sure when it will work to go visit Kenn for Christmas. The 26, is a Winrich gathering at the nursing home where Kenn's mom is. Then possibly go to a chinese restaurant for lunch. I don't know yet if I'll have my 3 daycare kids that day or not. Desiree turns 2 on the 23, and Justice turns 16 on the 27. Then New Years Eve, I get ordained as a minister at the service along with some others. I just had to speak at the Women's Meeting at church on Dec. 12, for about 20 minutes. God has been so good. If I don't get time to write another update, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home