Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Thurs. Feb. 18, 2011

Thurs. 2/18/11
Greetings!! A lot of things has been happening here. I went to visit Kenn, this last Sun. afternoon, into the evening. Esther, and her 2 kids went with. Mason was telling people in church, that he was going to visit his Grandpa that afternoon, because he missed him. They still had Kenn in bed when I got there for his nap, so they got him up in his chair for me. He was laying in bed wide awake. He was very alert the whole visit, which was nice. He was smiling a little, and sticking out his tongue. Esther sat talking to him for a short time, when I took the 2 kids for a short walk. During the visit, I did see a couple of tears. When I was leaving, he was frowning, and he had the look of, why are you leaving me here. He wasn't happy I was leaving, Esther, and her kids had already gone out to the van. I had set up a doctor's appointment for Kenn, on Fri. Feb. 25, for his skin cancer surgery, but I had to cancel that one, because the transportation dept. was already booked, and couldn't bring Kenn to the appointment. So we finally got the appointment set up for Fri. March 4, in the morning, where it works for everyone. I decided to close my daycare that day, because I won't want to deal with kids when I get done with his skin cancer surgery, because I probably won't want to deal with anyone for awhile afterwards. Shawn's 2 girls, won't be in town that day to help me, because they are leaving with Shawn, Jenny, and Jeremy to go to California on March 2, and not be back until the 12. I don't want to leave 4 extra kids with Esther, for an indefinite length of time, because that can be very hard. Fri. Feb. 11, it was 6 years out from Kenn's accident. That morning as soon as I got up, the thoughts tried taking over about the accident. I just kept walking around doing what I had to do, while listening to Pastor's messages on my portable CD player, so my thoughts wouldn't take over, and throw me into emotions. That night, I celebrated a different way then anyone has probably ever heard of. I was very creative in celebrating. I went to Gold's Gym, out on PD, for almost 2 hours of Zumba, with one of my instructors, and other instructors. There was so many people there, but it was fun. Then after that I treated myself, to an order of Popeye's spicy popcorn chicken, which was so good. Then I went to Culver's, and treated myself to a cone. Sat. morning, there was more Zumba, at the Princeton Club, to raise money for a charity, so I did almost another 2 hours of Zumba, Sat. morning. After it was over, I talked to one of my instructors, Joe. He couldn't believe I was celebrating that I had made it 6 years since the accident, and was doing great. I told him I don't drink, so it wouldn't do me any good to go to a bar, so I had to be creative. He said he was so impressed with me for celebrating that way, and how I'm dealing with it all. Before I left the Princeton Club, I went, and sat in the whirlpool, which felt so great. I made it through Fri. without getting emotional. I even had a nurse call me Fri. afternoon, from the UW Clinic, apologizing for taking a week to get back to me. She talked to me about the skin cancer surgery, and that didn't even throw me into emotions, which made me so happy that I was able to control them. I've had so many people say that I look so great, and it's great to see how well I seem to be handling everything. They expect to hear that I do have some down times where it's a struggle, but that's normal. Sat. in the mail was a letter from Worker's Comp., telling me that they weren't going to pay for anything to do with his skin cancer, because it had nothing to do with the accident. Now today, I got a letter from Worker's Comp., telling me there has been a mistake on the benefit calculation worksheets, which then shows that they overpaid by like $11,ooo, so they lowered his weekly compensation rate checks. I have a call into the adjuster, to find out what is going on with all this. To me, it sounds like just a big mess. On Mon., the 21, I have a doctor's appointment for Kenn, to get his pump refilled. Yesterday, I had 7 kids here for awhile, because I had my 5 daycare kids, my 6 year old didn't have school, so she was here, plus Esther's 2. Esther has found out she has a hernia that is causing quite a bit of pain, they said no wonder she's been in some pain since Desiree was born, and now it's getting worse. She had a cat scan yesterday to see where it is, and how big. She'll end up having to have surgery before to long here, so she'll need some help with the kids, because of Russell working, and he's having some health issues, so he won't be able to help a whole lot. She'll be having about 6 weeks of recovery or more, so that will keep me busy helping with the kids. Esther said she's so glad she's been here, so I can help watch the kids during doctor visits, instead of being in Green Bay. I thank God, for giving me a sound mind, and for keeping me focused. I want to thank people for being in my life to support me, and for keeping me up in prayer. I want to say thank you, to all of you who are still reading these updates. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home