Greetings!! So many things have gone on since I last wrote an update. I went to Alabama with the choir, to sing at a church, and then Pastor did some teaching. We were supposed to leave Thurs. evening on Oct. 7, but I got a call on Wed. morning the 6, asking if I could leave that evening so we could follow Pastor, and his wife there. So, I prayed about it, and was scrambling around trying to get things done in case everything worked out to go. I had started throwing things together Wed. morning, just so that it wouldn't be the last minute packing for Thurs., and I washed clothes, so that was done. It ended up Kaili would come over Wed. night, stay the night, so that she was here around 7:15 a.m. for the boys that come. Esther came over around noon, with her 2, and stayed until Hannah, and the boys had been picked up, then dropped Kaili off at home. We ended up leaving about 8 p.m. Wed. night for Alabama. I drove through Nashville, and Birmingham, which I never would have done before the accident. I would have had someone take over driving. We used my van to save renting one, so I had 5 other women in the van. We sang on Fri. night in Opilka, where Pastor got saved. I didn't get much sleep any night we were gone. We started back from there about 4:30 a.m. Sat. morning. I ended up driving for 8 hours coming back, which was a challenge for me to do. Both Pastor, and his wife, were amazed at how much I laughed, and acted so free. They agreed I needed this trip to focus on something totally different. I learned so much on the trip. I didn't know until I came back from this trip, how I had been in a box since the accident, and was to some respect in a daily rut. I was so blessed to be able to use my van for the trip, and just to be a part of it. I was going to visit Kenn on Sun. the 10, but I was just to exhausted, and Pastor advised me not to go because of all the driving I had done on the trip both ways, and was existing on little sleep. Well, then on Mon. morning, the 11, I get a call from one of my sisters, telling me that mom is going into surgery that morning at 10:30, to have a pace maker put in. She had specifically told my sisters, not to call me to tell me when I was in Alabama, or before I left. She said she didn't want to stop this trip for me, or cause me to be thinking of her having this done. She had told them I really needed to get away like this, and she didn't want to mess it up for me in any way. I was so touched, that her, and dad understood how much I needed to get away. I visited my mom, Mon. afternoon after the daycare kids left. She looked tired, but good. She got to go home on Tues. afternoon. I went out there Fri. night, and she met me at the door, to let me in. She looks much better, and seems to be getting around good. I will have to write about my visit to Kenn on Sun. evening later, because they are going to be doing some maintenance on this site in about 2 minutes, and I don't want to loose what is already written. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home