Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Sun. Jan. 2, 2011

1/2/2011
Happy New Year to all of you!!! Hope you all had a safe, and happy holiday season. Here goes the update on what has been taking place. On Wed., Dec. 22, I had Kenn's doctor appointment in Beaver Dam, to put his new button feeding tube in, that they had ordered. Esther has been such a life saver, in taking my daycare kids, because I was able to drop them off at her place, on the way to Beaver Dam. I got there to the hospital just as they got Kenn there. We had to wait a short time. After the doctor had put the feeding tube in, he said he wanted an x-ray done, to make sure it was in the right place. So one of the nurses in the clinic, tried to locate a lift to get him out of his chair, and onto a cart, so that they could wheel him to x-ray. You'd think, being the clinic was in the hospital, they could find some kind of a lift. Over an hour later, they still hadn't come up with one, so they decided that if 4-5 of us lifted him, using the sling that was under him, it might work. It worked great, and one of the nurses said, to bad we didn't think of that sooner, so that you didn't have to wait so long. Then laying on the bed under the x-ray machine, I was looking at him, and explaining what they were going to do. He had his eyes shut, and when I looked at him, the thought crossed my mind, this is what he would look like if he were to be laying in a coffin. I hadn't even been thinking along those lines or anything. I thought Whoa! where did that thought come from. He had his eyes shut during alot of the time we were there for his appointment. By the time they came to pick him up, and take him back, it was almost 12:30p.m., because I got back to Esther's close to 1:00, and it only takes about half an hour to get from Sun Prairie to Beaver Dam. Esther had fed my 2 daycare girls for me. I felt so spent after that appointment, it was unreal. The rest of the day, my body just felt like shutting down, and falling asleep, but there just wasn't time for that, so I had to keep pushing. Christmas Eve, I had plans to go stay at a hotel for the night, just to do something different, and then have whoever could make it, come, and use the pool, but that never happened. I ended up going to the service at Lake City Church, which was a great service, and different then other years. I talked with many people afterwards, and some of them asked how things were going, and they had announced during the service, the first Christmas in this building, was 34 years ago, which was Shawn's 1st Christmas. I think that opened doors to so may memories, because that is the fellowship where I met Kenn, in the youth group, when I was 15-16 years old. When I left there, I was having a hard time keeping my emotions under control, what with it being Christmas, and then all of the memories, and then the boys kept pulling on me, to go get something to eat with them, and wait to go to the hotel until later, but it was almost 9 when we finally left the church. So, I went over to Shawn's and spent some time there. I made it through. Christmas morning, Esther, and her family went with me to see Kenn for awhile. All the nurses couldn't believe how much Desiree has grown, and that she's 1 now. They all thought the kids were so cute. Kenn, kept his eyes shut quite abit, but he did stick out his tongue at times, and he when he did open his eyes, he did seem to focus. We stayed until early afternoon, because we needed to get back to Esther's, so the kids could get a nap, and we had to fix supper, because the 2 boys and 2 granddaugters were supposed to show up, Jenny had to work both Christmas Eve, and Christmas night. Then after we ate, we did gifts, and played a few games. It was so much fun to watch Esther's 2 kids open presents. Then Sun. afternoon, Shawn, Jenny, and the 2 girls came over mid afternoon, to do presents. Jeremy, Shawn, and Jenny, gave me a Samsung 40" flat screen TV. They said I needed to come into this century, even though my TV still works. They got a great deal on it, otherwise they wouldn't have gotten it. So it was a very busy weekend. Mon. the 27, Justice, Shawn's oldest girl, turned 15, so I went to the mall food court with Esther, and her 2 kids, Kaili, and Justice to celebrate her birthday, which made her feel good. I had no daycare girls on Mon., which was nice. The rest of the week I had my 3 daycare girls. The 6 year old, I had to have things during nap time for her to do. New Year's Eve, after the girls left by 2:30p.m., I went out to Sun Prairie, to work at the thrift store. Mason called me after his nap, to ask me if I would come over to his house to play games with him, and watch a parade, so I went over there. New Year's Day, I went back over to watch the Rose Bowl Parade with Mason, and played more games with him, because he got some games for Christmas. Then about 1, I went to Shawn's for a turkey lunch with Jeremy, Jenny, Shawn, and the girls. Then Jenny left for work. We played a couple of games, and then I left. Today, it has been a quiet, restful day after I got home from church this afternoon. Tomorrow, I have my 2 daycare boys come back, who have been gone for the last 2 weeks. This coming weekend, I have a Women's Retreat in the Dells, Fri. night, and Sat. night, then come back early Sun. morning in time for church. I haven't been able to go visit Kenn, since Christmas Day, but I just called, and talked to the nurse, and she said he has been fine, nothing to report. The 12, of this month, I have an informational meeting at Clearview, where Kenn is, it's about the moving of residents, because of the new building they are putting up. Then on the 13, I have his doctor's appointment with a dermatologist, at the U.W. Clinic, near American Parkway. I praise God, I made it through the holidays, because I felt like Scrooge through Christmas. I just wanted it to go away, and other people I talked with, said the same thing. I just can't believe it's another new year. I'm declaring, this is going to be a great year of blessings and the over flow. I just thank God for all He's done for me, and all He's helped me to get through. God bless all of you, and have a great year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home