Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Mon. Jan. 17, 2011

1/17/11
Greetings to you all!! I'm sure some of you have been wondering when is she going to write an update. I've been busy the last 2 weeks. On Fri. the 7th, I went on a Women's Retreat, at Christmas Mountain. I scheduled it using some of my points. Eight of us women went from church. We had fun getting to know each other, making meals, talking about God, and watched 2 movies. Sat. afternoon, we went shopping at an outdoor mall in the Dells. Sat. night, 4 went up to the registration building to use the pool, and hot tub. The hot tub is outside, so I went out to use it. Eventually the other 3 women joined me in the hot tub. We were all talking, when a man came over, and started talking to us. He had been out of the hot tub 6 times to make snow angels. He wanted one of us to go make a snow angel with him. The other 3 didn't want to, but finally after some coaxing, I got out with him to go over and make a snow angel. It was exhilerating, to be making a snow angel in a wet bathing suit in the snow, and I thought, you know what, I just live once, so why not do it to be able to say I did it. It was an honor for me to share the master bedroom with the Pastor's wife, which was up on 2 floor, with a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. We got back Sun. morning, in time for church. I didn't get much sleep, because of being up late nights. Last Wed. afternoon, I had an informational meeting, at Clearview, about the moving of residents, and then I stayed to visit Kenn for awhile afterwards. They will be moving Kenn, and other residents in his building to the north building sometime this summer, which they are hoping in June. Kenn is doing great, staying stable and is responding more than he was a year ago. Then on Thurs. morning, I met Kenn at U.W. Clinic, near American Parkway, at the dermatologist. The doctor checked over his sore on his left temple, which she didn't think was a staff infection. She said it wasn't deep at all. She scraped his sore, so she had a sample to send to the lab to be tested for skin cancer. She said she would have results in about a week, and they would let me know. I was glad I was there to see what she did, and to give them some information they needed. After they left to take him back, I stayed there to talk to the 2 ladies who were checking in the patients. They asked me what had happened, which made them realize they needed to talk with their spouse, and get things in order. It was an emotional 2 days, but I got through it with God's help. I'm believing Kenn's result will come back negative. God bless you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home