Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tues. Dec. 21,2010

12/21/10
Greetings to you!! It sure has been a tough month for me, with it being the holiday season, and the kids asking me what are the plans for celebrating as a family. But God is good, and helping me stay focused. It's been busy here, just like it probably is for all of you. I've had to tell the kids, I just don't know yet. They've also been asking what I want for Christmas, and I've said not to do Christmas, but they won't hear of that. I finally put up the small tree, but I've heard that's not really good enough, and I'm just being lazy, in not wanting to put up the big tree, and move furniture around to make room for it. I've even considered getting a hotel room, just to do something different, and then have the kids over to go swimming. I just don't know, I just know I need to try to do something a little different. I haven't been to visit Kenn since the 5th of the month. I've been told, they want Kenn to see a dermatologist, because of a sore on his left temple that will not heal, and go away for good, but only for a short time, and then it comes back. They want to get it checked out for staph infection, or skin cancer. They tried to get me to agree, for him to be seen by a doctor in Beaver Dam, in fact, it was all set up for him today, to be seen by him, but they didn't let me know about it, which I didn't find out about the dermatologist until about a week ago . His doctor recommended that he get it checked out. I put a damper on him going to Beaver Dam for that appointment. I told them I couldn't be going to Beaver Dam 2 days in a row, and with it being Christmas this week too, because tomorrow he has to go into the GI Clinic, to get his new feeding tube put in, which is another story. I told Rose, the head nurse, I had called the U.W. Clinic, and talked to the dermatologist dept. , and they could see him on Jan. 13. Rose tried to intimidate me by saying, they really didn't want to wait that long, and I'm thinking, I have brought this to your attention how many times, and now, just because a doctor is saying, let's get it checked out, it's so important, to do it right away? I found that so interesting!! Then she even told me that I didn't need to be there at the appointment. I said I had some questions for the doctor, that I wanted to get answered. I thought, how dare you tell me that I didn't need to be there, when they also want to check it for skin cancer. If her husband was going in to be checked for skin cancer, I'm sure she would probably want to be there, especially if he couldn't talk to say what the doctor said. I also need to be there to answer any questions that they may have about him. Then she used the problem of the roads if it's bad weather, where they couldn't get him to his appointment. I said I knew that, and I tell her I'm just trying to keep it all under the U. W. Clinic name, so that it will get paid without all kinds of questions from Worker's Comp, because I sure don't want to get a bill for it. Also, I figure it's closer, and easier for me to drop the daycare kids off at Esther's, because it's at the clinic just off American Parkway. I'm finding out communication is a big key, that is lacking sometimes. Why I say that is, because I felt lead to call the GI Clinic, in Beaver Dam today, to double check on Kenn's appointment tomorrow there, which was to be in the afternoon, but when I talked to someone, they told me it was at 11:30 a.m. instead of 2:45p.m. I started making some calls to Clearview, where Kenn is at, to see if they knew anything about the change, which they didn't. They were glad I had called the clinic to double check the time. That also, messes up the transportation for him, because of them having other residents with appointments. I had to talk with a daycare mom, to see if her husband could bring the girls, just alittle bit earlier tomorrow, so I can drop them off at Esther's, and then head to Beaver Dam. Esther also has to change her appointment tomorrow morning, just to accommodate me dropping the girls off there. What a hassle making sure everything is covered. I then called the U.W. Clinic, to double check, and make sure his appointment for Jan. 13 is still on, which it was. I also, found out last week, that Fri. was to be the last day for a daycare mom, who works for the Madison school system. So now that changes things for getting paid, because I thought I had this week of pay. Yesterday, I took the 2 daycare girls to Desiree's first birthday party at Esther's. Thurs. Desiree, our youngest granddaughter turns 1, which just doesn't seem possible already. She is such a cutie!! Sun. morning, I went to Mason's Christmas program for a short time to see him sing. Fri. night, I had the Women's Christmas party at church, and we danced the electric slide, a funky dance, and the chicken dance. I ducked out of there for about 45 minutes, to go to the Christmas dance party, at the dance studio. I danced the foxtrot, merangue, swing, rumba, and the samba line dance. It was fun. Then I went back to pick up some people from the Women's party, and take them home. God is so good. God bless, and have a blessed Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home