Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sun. Dec. 12,2010

12/12/10
Greetings!! Boy have we been having some colder weather here in Madison, the last 2 days then what we had been having. The snow we got last night, and now down in single digits for temperature. WHEW!! Brrrr!! I want the warm fall back that we had, but I guess I don't have a choice in it. But, I went a week ago this afternoon, to visit Kenn, and to attend the Christmas Party they had for all the residents, and their families. There was a lot of people there, so to find parking was interesting. Esther, and her 2 kids went with. Mason loved the snack foods they offered such as the fresh veggies, cheese 'n crackers with some summer sausage, and then different sweets. When I got there, they already had Kenn down in the rec room for the party. He was awake and seemed to be listening to the guy playing, and singing Christmas songs. Everyone was so happy to see Esther's kids. Some of them are so amazed how Desiree has grown since the last time they saw her. She turns 1 on the 23 of this month. I gave Kenn some liquid vitamins, and I told the nurse so in case the CNA's brushed his teeth, and the brush came out alittle red, or a maroon color, I didn't want them to think his mouth was bleeding. The nurse was so glad I said something to her about it. He seemed to be looking at Desiree, when I held her over by him so he could see her. When we took him back up to his floor, we talked awhile with the nurse, and some CNA's. I haven't heard from the GI clinic yet about his new tube coming in, so maybe tomorrow I will. This past week, the RN called me, and said one of the doctors who sees Kenn every so often, suggested he go see a dermatologist, for a sore on his left side of his head. If it's the one I've seen, he's had it off, and on for months, but they haven't seemed concerned. Tomorrow I need to try to find out some more information about it. The RN told me, it would be someone in Beaver Dam, that they would take him to, but I told her it would be easier if he saw one here in Madison. We'll have to see what happens. Mason has his Christmas program at church on the 19th, in the morning. Desiree's 1st birthday party is Mon. morning on the 20th, so that Russell can be there, and the daycare kids. Evenings are too hard for most being it's so close to Christmas. No tree up yet. Not sure what we'll do for Christmas as of yet, because Jenny works Christmas afternoon into the evening. People have said I need to do something for Christmas, for the grandkids sake, but not to stress about it. I'm just having problems figuring out what to do. Mon. afternoon, Shawn's girls came over, and they both decided to stay here Mon. night, which it's been a long time since they both stayed. Neither really wanted to go home on Tues. night, but they did. It was great to have them stay, and to be able to spend time with them, plus they loved it. A week ago Fri. night, Shawn helped me by putting a new battery in my Saturn, and he's going to fix the front brakes on it. Praise God for one of the kids knowing how to work on vehicles. God has blessed me so tremendously. I praise Him, and I thank Him for who He is. Thank you for the prayers, they are very much appreciated. God bless all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home