Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Sun. Nov. 7,2010

11/7/10
Greetings!! Another new month!! We're heading down to the end of the year real fast, which seems crazy, because it feels like it wasn't that long ago, when we started this year. I apologize, for not writing an update, this past week. All week long, I've felt so tired, that when I would sit down to write an update, my mind didn't want to think, but instead my body just wanted to fall asleep. In fact, last night I went to bed by 9:30, before the clocks were turned back. Man, did that feel good. Yes, I woke up very early this morning about 5 something. I went to visit Kenn, a week ago tonight. They had him in bed yet, because of his crazy schedule of when he's up or not, but he was laying there wide awake. After they got him up, I took him outside for a little walk. I had forgotten to grab his jacket, I grabbed my jacket to put on him, and a blanket out of the van for him, because I had a sweatshirt. I try to get him out so that he can feel what the weather is like for himself, and to get some fresh air. I cut his hair when we got back inside. There seemed to be quite a few sores on his head, so I had to be careful not to pull the scabs off. I also cleaned out his mouth, and then he started sticking out his tongue alot. Sometimes, when he'd stick out his tongue, he'd curl up the sides of his tongue. He hasn't done that much, if at all. He even seemed to be smiling some too. He was very alert while listening to Pastor's message on love. I found out, that he's had his flu shot. I also went yesterday to visit him, but it was in the morning around 10:30. He seemed to want to sleep alot during the visit. I had called ahead to make sure he was up in his chair, and told them, that I'd be there in about 1/2 hr. He was sitting in the sunroom, in his chair sleeping. This time of day, he does seem to want to sleep more than when I visit late afternoon, into the evening. He was awake, and alert after I cleaned out his mouth. When he listened, to a message on CD, he had his eyes shut for most of it. The sores on his head seem to be better. I had the nurse call me towards the end of my visit, and tell me that they needed to check him, to see if he was wet. Also, to change his position, to get the pressure off his bottom. No one has done that for a long time. I found out one of his nurses, Becki, is leaving next month, because of early retirement, so she can be around for her husband who has health problems. I'll greatly miss her, because I've talked quite a lot with her. I was told last week, by more than one person, that I need to change the time of day, that I go to visit Kenn, because it isn't safe to be out driving that distance by myself after dark, with deer running around. I was graced once when I hit a deer, but I can't continue to expect to be graced. That will be hard, because late afternoon into early evening, he's alert the most, and seems to respond more, but then I'm not getting back home till 10-11p.m. I'm finding out that sometimes,I'm going for some of the wrong reasons. I've had more than one person suggest I cut back my visits to something like every other week, because of how they are affecting me emotionally, and especially with winter coming on. People have pointed out to me that I do keep in contact with the nurses there, I go to his appointments, so it's not like I don't keep up with everything going on with him. They've pointed out also, that when I visit it takes 5-7 hours of my time, when you include almost 2 hours of driving. So, I just really need to be seeking God, as to what is the best way to continue visiting him, how often, and what time of day. So, please keep me up in prayer, which is greatly appreciated. God bless.

1 Comments:

  • I greatly admire your love and commitment to your husband. It seems you enjoy your visits with him. I will be praying that you will have wisdom and peace as to when and how often you visit him. I pray you will be able to follow your heart confidently.

    By Blogger Test, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home