Sun. Nov. 21, 2010
Greetings, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! I'm sure you're wondering what is happening since I haven't written for awhile. I did not visit Kenn last weekend, but I took a break, and I don't feel guilty about it. God has been shifting some things in my life. No I'm not forgetting Kenn at all. But, I do feel that God doesn't want me visiting him every week like I had been doing, for whatever reason, which is really different for me, but that's fine. Not sure how often, I will be visiting, but I do know that God has it all under control, and all I need to do is, just trust Him. I'm sure some of you are probably thinking, she's loosing it, but I assure you, quite the contrary. I'm so at peace with what God is doing, it's amazing. I heard a song the other day talking about, how I never thought I could have such a deep relationship with God like I do, and I thought, man that's so me. It's hard to explain what God is doing, it all seems so surreal, but at the same time, it's so amazing and awesome to see Him working. I love it!! When I reflect back to what I was like after the accident, and to see the way I've changed, all I can say is, but God!!! To me God is my everything, which I thought He was before the accident, but He's even more so now, and all I can say to Him, is thank you, because I owe Him my life. I do call the nurse to see how he's doing. Last Fri. night, I drove to Rockford to spectate at a dance competition. I went by myself, to lend support to the 2 young women who were competing from my dance studio. It was fun to watch everyone dance, and during a free dance, I did the hustle barefoot, because I had sandals on with no back. I am so grateful to God, for giving me the opportunity to be taking ballroom dance lessons, and to have done 5 or 6 dance competitions. It all seems so surreal to me. I had someone ask me last night how many years I have been taking dance lessons. I told them 4 years. They preceded to tell me that if you've done something over 2 years, then you're a professional, and could teach lessons. I don't feel like a professional, because I'm still learning more each time. My instructor, on Thurs. during my lesson asked, what do I get out of dance, what does it do for me, and why am I still taking lessons. It has really made me question what is my purpose for still taking lessons. I told him for one, that it's something so different than what I normally do, and it gives me something so different to focus on. Sometimes I feel like I just want to go out dancing some where, and get my dance on, but I have come to realize that would open up some doors for me that I need to keep closed at this time, because dance can be very sensual. I got a call on Fri., from Rose, the head nurse, where Kenn is. She told me that Kenn has an appointment on Tues. morning, Nov. 30, in Beaver Dam, at 9a.m., which means I need to leave here by 8 in order to be there in time. It has something to do with his feeding tube. At this point, I'm not sure if it's just a consultation, or if they will actually put a different feeding tube in that Dr. Ward, recommended. I also, will have my 4 daycare kids that day, which I don't want to take with, because I don't know what is going to be happening, not sure how long it will take, and it makes it difficult to pay attention with so many kids with. I just ask that you pray that God's will be done in this, and that He provides someone to watch my daycare kids. Yesterday, I was planning to go visit Kenn in the afternoon, after praise dance practice, but I guess that wasn't to be. I ended up with a flat tire, and had to pull the van into the parking lot of my dance studio. I'm so thankful to God for AAA, because I called them to come out, and change the tire. They were out within 15 minutes, and the tow truck driver had a problem getting the spare tire from under the van, because it had locked up. When I asked someone's advice about going that distance to visit Kenn, with no spare, I was told that would not be very wise. So God had me doing some errands for people by picking up stuff to take to the thrift store, our church has started in Sun Prairie, at 633 Main St., which is growing daily. I would like to see if I can get help to go get Kenn, on Tues. night, and bring him in for the service, if my tire is fixed. I'm not sure if I will visit him on Thanksgiving, or what yet. So needless to say, I wasn't able to visit him today either. Hoping to get the tire fixed tomorrow or Tues. God is so good. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home