Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tues.June 29, 2010

6/29/10
WHEW!! I'm sorry I haven't written anything since the last time, but I have really been struggling to deal with everything coming at me. I've wanted to run away so bad, but know I can't. End of last week I was told about 2 people dying that I've known., which has also stirred up things inside of me, which I've had to deal with, and work through. I'm finding out more, and more how much this accident has affected me. I've even had people telling me how I should deal with things, even though they haven't lived in limbo like this, and for this long, or even dealt with anything like I have to on a daily basis. One memorial service is tonight, and another one tomorrow night. Thank you for the continued prayers. God has been so gracious to give me the strength to keep going when I just want to call it quits. I so appreciate Him, because if it weren't for Him, I wouldn't still be here. I haven't had a dance lesson since before my competition, which hasn't been good, because then I haven't had something else to focus on. I will start from Sun, and go backwards. Sun. evening I visited Kenn, and he was alert the whole time. I sat outside until after 8:30, because the mosquitoes didn't bother us. When we went in, I sat talking to him, and he focused on me very intently. I could see the love in his eyes, and how he so appreciated that I was still coming to see him. He even shed a few tears, which made it hard for me to stay composed. I told him again to use his stubbornness to conquer this, and not to give into it. I just kept encouraging him. I've had a CNA, from another floor, who doesn't even know me, commend me for my devotion, and commitment to him. Tues. the 22, God worked it out for me to go pick Kenn up, and bring him into Madison. It turned out that Jeremy had the day off until about 5:30, so he went with me, and Torrie, from church that has gone before with me. We had him back here in Madison, before 5. We lifted him into his wheelchair, and then Jeremy left to get ready for work. I took Kenn for a walk, over to Culver's near East Towne. He hasn't been to one since before the accident. I ordered a root beer float, then I took him in the sunroom. I gave him a small amount of the root beer on a spoon like I give him water, not thinking he hasn't had it for so long. What an awful face he made. So I gave him some water then to wash out his mouth, which then he was fine. After being there, I walked him over to the Dollar Tree, there by Rocky's Pizza. Then we headed back to church for the service. Right there in the driveway of Essex Square mini mall, I had problems getting his chair up the little bit of an incline, because it kept getting caught on a crack. One of Jeremy's friend was waiting to pull out of the driveway, so he got out to help me with the chair. After the service I was to have praise team practice, but the guy that plays the keyboard said he understands how important it is to get Kenn there for a service, so he said if I had to miss practice once or twice a month to do this if was fine. After the service I called Shawn to have him come help me lift his dad onto some chairs so I could change him. Another guy from church helped Shawn lift on him. They also put him in the van for me. Shawn drove both ways for me. I'm so grateful to the boys, and Torrie for being able to go help with Kenn. It's so amazing how much coordinating has to go into bringing Kenn in to Madison. I had someone Wed. night, tell the group at the Bible study, how it is so powerful to see me taking care of Kenn, and the commitment I have to him, and that I would even bring him the way I do. A week ago Sun., on Father's Day, Esther, and her 2 kids went with to visit Kenn. Mason, made Grandpa Kenny a Father's Day card. Esther told me, he spent between 1-2 hours on it, coloring, and finding just the right stickers to put on. I held him up to show it to Kenn, which he seemed to be looking at every page Mason showed him. When I held Desiree up to him, he seemed to focus on her too. Esther saw him stick out his tongue more than she's seen before. Desie is 6 months now. She sits up, rolls over, and she is as cute as a button, so the saying goes. She just loves her big brother, who can get her giggling real easy. Jeremy works for Capital Express, driving vans to pick up people in wheelchairs, or who can walk some. He has talked of borrowing a van when they aren't real busy like on a Sun. to go get his dad, and bring him in for me. God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home