Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Mon April 12, 2010

4/12/10
I forgot how busy life can be with a 3 year old around, and a 3 month old. Sat., the day before Easter, I went to visit Kenn in the afternoon, and he was so alert during the visit. He made sure I was looking at his mouth, and then he preceded to stick out his tongue further than I've seen him do it since the accident. I told him I was so proud of him. Every so often he looks like he might be smiling a slight smile. During the visits, the time seems to go so fast, it's unbelievable. Easter Sun. I went to the 6a.m. Sunrise Service, where you could come or go when you wanted, we prayed in the day individually. The regular service started about mid-morning. I had all the kids here for a meal around 5p.m. except Jenny, who was working, even the four grand kids. We had an Easter egg hunt outside for Mason, and Kaili, who enjoyed it. Kaili stayed over night here from Easter until Wed. evening. I've also been trying to get things together for getting my taxes done. Wed. late morning, I had a summary court hearing for Kenn's protective placement of where he's living, which seemed to me to be a waste of my time attending. Kenn's guardian ad litum was on the phone instead of in person. There's still no changes in where he's living now. I finally got all my receipts added up for daycare, so I could drop tax stuff off at the CPA's office Fri. afternoon, and then I picked up my van. They had finally finished repairing it, which had taken over a week to do. I never thought I would be glad to get it back, but I was, so that now I can take more people again. When I picked it up, I found out I didn't have blinkers that worked, so I had to turn around, and go back. They found out a fuse had blown, and they replaced it. I've had to take Esther and the kids places she's had to go, because of their van needing fixing. Russell's had the car for work. I went back Thurs. for a dance lesson after 3 weeks off, because of my left knee, which is still bothering me, but I just took it easy. Yesterday, late afternoon, Esther, and her kids went with me to visit her dad. Her kids were such a big hit there with the residents, and nurses. Kenn was very alert again yesterday. He would focus on us when we would talk to him. Just shortly before we left, I was talking in the hall to either Kenn or a CNA, and it sure looked like he smirked, even the CNA seen it and thought so. He's got a sore back on his left temple again, and they don't seem to know why. I find that interesting. This Wed. afternoon I have a doctor' s appointment for Kenn to get his black boots checked to see how they fit. I've had people tell me that they think I'm at church too much, and they think there's to much hype there that can mess people up. They think I need to spend more time with family or doing other stuff to be more balanced. I know that people would argue this with me, and that's fine. The only thing that can help Kenny, is for me to stay so plugged into God, and to be in church to stand in the gap for him praying, and to do what God requires of me to do. I also have found out that Pastor went to college in Birmingham, Alabama, and majored in psychology, which is study of the mind and the reasons for the ways that people think and act. This explains why God is using him, and his wife in a big way to counsel, or advise me on this journey I'm on, which has helped me so much to heal. I know I still have some healing, but that's fine. I just thank God for always being there, every second of every day, and for giving me strength, when I'm at the end of my strength. God has been so great, and awesome, that there just isn't words to explain. Thank you for all your continued prayers, and God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home