Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tues. May 25, 2010

5/25/10
What do you all think of the warm weather we've just been having the last few days? Our youngest granddaughter, Desiree, just turned 5 months old on Sun. She's found her voice, and it's so cute to hear her. Such a big smile when I stop to talk to her or play with her. I will miss her, and Mason when they move out this weekend. Mason has started to ask me to do more things for him, and he's even let me comfort him when he's gotten hurt a few times. I just had all 4 grand kids at the house last night. Mason loved having his 2 cousins here. The 2 older granddaughters really didn't want to go home last night when I took them back almost 11:30. Esther, and her 2 kids, went with me on Sat. to visit her dad. We sat outside with him between 1-2 hours. Mason played around in the grass. Kenn acted like he might be sleeping during some of the visit. I was standing talking to him on the right side of his wheelchair, and telling him I was going to wipe out his mouth with a pink sponge that has mint mouthwash or something on it, because his mouth reeked from the dried stuff in his mouth, that I had cleaned out. When I started talking to him, he had his eyes shut, but he opened them, and looked out of the corners of his eyes at me with a frown, not moving his head at all, which I don't remember seeing him do before. The 2 little ones were a big hit with the nurses. Mason had told Esther that he missed his Grandpa, and wanted to go with me to visit him. He gave his Grandpa's arm a hug when we had to leave. I was holding Desiree up to Kenn's face, when she tried grabbing at his left eye, he closed it, but he seemed to look at her at one point. Esther helps me with the nursery on Sun. at church, so she has the 2 kids there with her. Mason likes to say hi to Pastor Erick, so I took him to look for him this last Sun., and when we found him, he said hi. A little later, in the sanctuary, he saw Pastor, went running up to him, gave his leg a big hug, and said hi again. Ever since one of the first times Pastor saw Mason, and made the time to talk to him, Mason loves talking to him. I was listening to a message with Pastor teaching on, in the van one day that Mason was with me. He was listening, and heard him talk about McDonald's. Then Mason said he was talking about McDonald's, and how he liked McDonald's too. Then Sun. afternoon, Mason was riding with me again, when I had Sun. mornings message on, and he heard Pastor talking about cookies, and milk. Then Mason started talking about cookies, and milk. Pastor has said that Mason is so much smarter than his 3 years of age, just by talking to him, because of the conversations the kid can hold with you. Today, was the first of 2 lessons per week to get prepared for the dance competition next month. I've got some people from church saying they want to come and watch. I do have last June's routines for the swing and rumba on YouTube, and if you type in mamabear554 it should bring up all the routines. Tonight during the church service, it became a discussion about love, and marriage. Different ones were giving their definition on love, and what marriage was. It was shown to us how our relationship is similar to our relationship with God in so many ways, when you really think about it, because you have to work at both, because it's a 24/7 deal. You need commitment, you need to spend time, you need to submit, you need faith in both, trust, etc. Then someone pointed out how I had a testimony to what love, and marriage really was, even more than the couples that were there, because people don't know what I have to deal with every day, and how I just have to stand, and believe God. They said their hats were off to me, which to me it's just something that I need to go through, in order to minister to others down the road. If I can be an inspiration to someone, then it's all worth it. God is just so wonderful, that I can't help, but want to worship and praise Him, for bringing me through as a stronger, and wiser person. If you have any questions or comments, please post them. Thanks be to God. God bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home