Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 24, 2010

4/24/10
Greetings to you all. I've wanted to sit down so many times before this to write an update, but have found when I sit down, my body wants to fall asleep, because I just try to keep going here. Some days I'm so overwhelmed by it all, that I just want to run away and not come back. The problems that are created by having just one bathroom, and 4 adults, with 2 kids. What with people having to use the bathroom before going to work, working out showers, etc. I want to get something in the basement working, but to get the help to get it done, is another story. It would eliminate a lot of hassles, and stress. Yesterday, I just turned another year older. Esther is the only one who did anything for my birthday of the kids. I did get a couple of calls wishing me a happy birthday. Wed. night at Bible Study, people found out it was my birthday, so someone went to the dollar store, and got me 2 balloons, and a card. Some people that were at the study signed the card, and afterwards people wished me a happy birthday. Kaili has been staying here overnight since Tues. night, so I've been sleeping in the back TV room to give her the spare room, so she don't get woke up by daycare kids in the morning. She has said she gets more attention here, and gets to do more things with people. She'll probably go home today. Esther got her van fixed on Tues., by a couple guys from church that came to fix it. She's glad to finally have wheels again. We've been trying to go to parks with the daycare kids, and Mason, because they pick on each other more when we don't get out, and do stuff, which can drive you bonkers. Sat. late afternoon, I had two people from church go with me to pick Kenn up in order to bring him in for church. I was hoping to get going early enough to be able to bring Kenn to the house before the service, and to bring him in, but it didn't happen. During the service Kenn stayed alert, and was listening to Pastor teach. He made some noises during the service to let us know he was there. After it was over, the guys loaded him back into the van, and we brought him to the house. Esther and Mason wanted to see him, so they came out to the van. Taking Kenn back, I had one person from church go, and then we stopped to pick Shawn up, so he drove both ways. I sat in the back next to Kenn going back, which was nice. Kenn had a band-aid on his left thumb, and so when I took him back, I asked the nurse if she knew what happened. She looked up on his chart in the computer, but couldn't find where anything had been recorded about it, which I find is interesting. They are watching the sore on his left temple, because it keeps coming back, but they don't know why. Wed. afternoon, on the 14, Kenn had a doctor's appointment to get his black boots checked. They were glad I had them checked. They found a few spots where the boots could possibly cause problems on his legs, and feet. The stuff on the inside of the boots just needed to be melted down a little bit, in order to give him more room. They also put a line inside each boot, so the CNA's would know where his toes need to line up to. There was a red mark on the top of his left foot they want watched, so that it doesn't become a problem. Thank you so much for your continued prayers. God is so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home