Nov. 10,2009
Sorry I haven't posted any update for awhile. I've been dealing with some things. Things have been getting so overwhelming, that last month, I found out I forgot to pay 2 bills, which is not like me. I've even canceled 2 dance lessons, so I didn't have a dance lesson for 3 weeks. I'm so thankful to God for putting Pastor in my life to give me some Godly counsel. Sat. I had a date with Kenn, so Sat. early evening, I went to get Kenn, and bring him in for a service. We were able to bring him in with no problems this time. God is good. He sits so good in the van if we get him sitting right, before we go anywhere. I'm so thankful for the guys that lift Kenn out of the van, when we get there, and then lift his chair with him in it, up the 2 steps. Then after it's over, they put him back into the van for me. Sat. night, Pastor was speaking on love. When he was speaking, he saw Kenn's face turn red, and his eyes tear up, so he walked over by him. He preceded to say, that he could feel that Kenn is dealing with some hurts when it comes to love. He also said, that Kenn can hear everything that you say, but he just can't respond the way he wants to yet. He told everyone that it's amazing, Kenn understands love in the condition he's in. Pastor explained to me later, that Kenn is dealing with family hurts when it comes to love. He explained how love unlocks everything within you. He explained how Kenn feels like everyone has forgotten him, because of the condition he's in. When Kenn got him back to Juneau, and his room, the CNA's asked how it went. They were happy to see him so alert. He's on 3rd floor, and when I got to 1st floor after leaving him in his room, some CNA's there asked if I had taken him to church, and then asked how it went. They are so happy I'm getting him out on trips, and that he's responding more since I've been taking him. Pastor has told me, he is so blessed every time I bring Kenn in, because I'm not ashamed of him. He says I'm the virtuous woman that Prov. 31 talks about. To God be the glory. On Mon. Nov. 2, I had a phone conference with the head nurse, and one or 2 others, for Kenn's annual meeting. It was to talk about his cares, meds, or anything else of concern. It only takes maybe about 20 minutes, and I couldn't see traveling with 4 kids that distance, for such a short time to have a meeting. I asked if they have sat Kenn in front of the TV in the dayroom, which they hadn't. I asked them to do it. I also asked if they get him out for the activities, which they said they don't do much now. I told them to do it, so that he gets more stimulation being around people even if he seems to be sleeping, because it might help him not to sleep so much. I also asked them to cut down on how much he was getting fed, because he's gained some weight in the last few months. There were a few other things, that we talked about too. I also told them about his visit to Dr. Ward's office, and what he had to say about Kenn being alert. I don't know if I wrote this yet, but Jeremy lost his job, so now he's looking for another one. Esther has just over a month left, before this baby is born. Mason has been wanting to call and talk to me quite a bit lately. He wanted to talk to me last night, to tell me he was sad about his cat going to heaven. They had to put the cat to sleep yesterday, because of some health problems. I ask that you continue to lift me up in prayer, because the holidays are coming, which are kind of difficult, and it's fast closing in on 5 years. Thank you and God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home