Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Fri., Oct. 30, 2009

10/30/09
God performed another miracle!! A week ago tomorrow night, I was able to bring Kenn home for a home visit for a few minutes before I had to take him back to Juneau. I had a couple friends from the fellowship go with me to pick Kenn up. Before we put him in the van, he was sitting in his chair in the parking lot. I had been declaring off and on all morning and afternoon, that he was going to start smiling. I just touched the very edge of his mouth real lightly and he smiled. When I was talking to him sitting there, I was on his left. One of my friends was right in front of him, and the other was on his right. We all three watched his head go from looking at me, when I talked, to looking at each person as they talked. I can't remember seeing him do this since the accident. His head moved normally again. We all looked at each other, because we were all amazed he had smiled, and then moved his head the way he did. We all started thanking God. We got him in the van and made it into the service, a little late. While he was sitting there during the service, Pastor said something, and he said look at Kenn smile. I had more than one person afterwards say, that they saw him smile. Then after the service, we ended up bringing Kenn home here, for a visit. First time in well over 4 1/2 years. I was ecstatic, and on cloud nine. The two with me were laughing, because I had so much joy. I used the ramps Kenn had used with his business machines to get them in and out of his trailer. They really came in handy. I took him out into the kitchen, and asked him if he remembered cooking and baking there. I knew he understood what I was saying. I took him back into the living room, and took some pictures of him there. On the way out, as I was taking him down the ramp, my right foot slipped, because of it being wet. I had sandals on, and my right big toenail caught on something. About half of the nail ripped off, but I didn't take time to deal with it. I just wrapped a paper towel around it, because it was bleeding. I called the nurse to let her know we would be late, getting him back. We got him back about 11p.m. I had told God, that after I left Kenn on his wing, I wanted to stop on 2nd floor, to say hi to the nurse, Barb. God worked it out for her to be the one to come open the door, so that we could get in. She was so happy to see I had taken Kenn out. Sun. morning when I got up, I felt like it had all been a dream, the night before bringing Kenn home. I knew it wasn't because of my toenail. I also saw the ramps sitting outside yet. I still can't believe it happened. Well, then Sun. afternoon, Pastor was to do a live broadcast for the Charter cable station 991, WYOU, that broadcasts taped services from the fellowship. He was sitting in the room getting ready to do the broadcast, and he called me in, because he wanted me involved in it too. So, Pastor, his wife, and 3 of us sat around discussing that mornings verses, just like we do on Wed. night at Bible study, which was 1 Kings 3:13-14, and we talked about change, and choice. I wasn't scared like I thought I might be.
A week ago, Thurs., Kenn had a doctor's appointment in Middleton, with Dr. Ward. He was asking me questions, and vice versa. He commented at how Kenn was awake and was alert. Kenn focused on me, and he said he saw more facial expressions than he has ever seen before. He said he supported me taking him out in my van. He understood why I'm doing it, and agrees if Kenn is responding more, why not.
This has been such a busy week, what with my dad being in the hospital, and having surgery on Tues. morning. WOW!! did that bring out the emotions, thoughts, and memories. I've done some crying. Tues. afternoon, when I went into my dad's room, I could picture Kenn laying there, because he had a monitor hooked up to him, intravenous, and some cuffs on his lower legs to prevent blood clots, all just like Kenn had, only Kenn wasn't awake like my dad. Jeremy went to the hospital on Wed. afternoon with me. My dad went home late Wed. night. He's doing great. Pastor said he's so proud of the way I'm dealing with all of it, and keeps telling me, I'm so strong, even though I don't feel it. I've also been helping plan a Harvest Party at the fellowship building, for the kids tomorrow night as an alternative for those who don't want to go trick or treating, but still get some candy, and play games. It's only for an hour, so the kids can go to the mall that want to. There's so much more but can't write it all. Sorry it took so long to write, but it was such a busy week. Thanks for the prayers, and God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home