Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tues. Aug. 25, 2009

8/25/09
WOW!!! God is so good!! I went to the support meeting on Mon. night the 17th of this month and they were all so happy to finally see me again. I met a new lady there who is 29 and from the west side of Madison. She's an actress with Uncore, uptown. Her incident happened in 1995, when she was 15. She's come a long ways. I went over to visit Kenn afterwards, and he was in bed, but wide awake. I talked to him, and he focused so good on me. He seemed to really enjoy having me there with him. I laid my head on his chest. I tried laying next to him but there really wasn't enough room, so I was falling out of his bed. I left a little after 9, and I told him that I was going to leave so he could go to sleep, and he shut his eyes, so I turned the light out. On Wed. morning on the 19th, I had a hearing at the courthouse for Kenn's protective placement. The judge told me that yes, what I say is over what the doctor or nurses say, because of having legal guardianship. But he did suggest I get a van with a wheelchair lift, to make it easier to take him. The judge can't change his placement. The judge told me that I was a very good advocate for Kenn. I went by myself and didn't give into emotions. I was strong and stated what I needed to. Thurs. night the 20th, I started missing Kenn so much, and there were tears, but I just asked God to be what I needed Him to be, because I didn't really even know what I needed at the time. Fri. night the 21st, was the birthday party for Pastor's wife. On the way there the emotions kept trying to get me to give in, but I didn't. I really didn't want to be there, but knew I needed to be there. Pastor called me Fri. night to make sure I was okay after I got home, because he could tell I was dealing with some things, and he thanked me for coming. In talking with Pastor on Sat. morning, he explained that I will have problems when it comes to anything to do with covenant or marriage, because of what I'm dealing with, and being we're separated. Since I knew that I would be going to the birthday party for Pastor's wife, that Pastor was giving for her, the emotions tried to get me to give in since Thurs. night. Sat. afternoon at praise team practice, I was trying to contain the emotions, because I just wanted to cry, I was missing him so much. I ended up going to see Kenn early evening Sat. night. Oh my gosh!!! What a visit. He's been off the oxygen since Tues., and he didn't cough that much. It was an emotional visit for me. I loved being with him so much and being able to touch him. He was so attentive, and focusing so well. Vicki, the RN, told me that he was focusing on them good shortly before I got there. He was making a noise as though he was trying to talk, during a lot of the visit. When I was talking to him, at times I got teary eyed, and he would frown at me. It was so hard to leave him. When I was going to leave, a CNA came over,she saw him get upset, and a tear rolled down his left cheek, with a big frown. That hasn't happened for a long time. I encouraged him so much during the visit. I cried outside before I left, because I just wanted to be able to stay with him. It was so nice to be around him. I wanted to go visit him again last night, but in discussing it with Pastor, I realized I couldn't because I had things to get done around here. God bless you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home