Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sun., Aug. 9, 2009

8/16/09
Here's the latest on Kenn. He's still on the oxygen. No fever, but coughing quite a bit, which they want so that he gets the stuff out of his lungs. The nurse just said he seems more tired today than last night. He's getting his full strength feeding. He had a nebulizer treatment tonight and two earlier today. He's been getting the treatments to help loosen up the stuff in his lungs, and to help clear them out. He was up for awhile this morning in his chair and then again in the late afternoon. I just talked with the nurse that was on last night when I was there to visit him, and she said he seemed more awake last night after I had been there, then he does tonight. I talked with another nurse, Barb last night when I was there. She felt bad that he had pneummonia. I told her I knew he got it because the CNA's didn't have the head of his bed up enough and that's why he had some puke go to his lungs, because I've been giving him some water and applesauce and he never had a problem with that, but he was sitting up in his wheeelchair, too. She told me to use the lack of his bed being up high enough, and him getting pneummonia, in case anyone gave me a problem about taking him again in the van. I took him outside for awhile too. I told him he can fight this and that I will be taking him again in the van as soon as he's feeling stronger, so don't give up and you have something to look forward to. When I read some healing Scriptures to him, he opened his eyes to look at me. Also, when I was praying for him, he opened his eyes and he was looking at me. I encouraged him before I left last night with, you can fight this, and I'm here with you fighting too. You will be walking and talking again so don't give up. Last Fri. morning, Aug. 7,Esther and Mason came to Madison, and stayed until Sat. afternoon. Mason has been asking to come to my house, and since he's been here, he's been asking to come again. It was nice to see them and spend some time with Mason. Such a little ham he is. Sat. mid afternoon they visited Kenn on their way back to Green Bay. Kenn was very awake and very alert. Esther told me that's the most alert she's seen her dad in awhile. He was also making noises. It was more than moaning noises. I took him outside after they left.
On Tues. evening, Aug. 4, I was able to bring Kenn into Madison for a church service. It was great to be able to do that. I've been praying for a way to get him to Madison for a service for over a year. I've called different companies to find out what they charge round trip to bring someone in to Madison, and it costs between $300-450. Little did I know that the key to getting him here was me and me getting a van. A friend from church said she would go with me, so we went to get him. The RN went out to the van with us. I thought it would be easier than it was. I thought we could stand him up and pivot him, but his feet got tangled up and the nurse had to untangle them. The friend and I had a hard time getting him up on the seat, and almost dropped him, but we did get him up there. We set him right behind the front passenger seat. I sat next to him after I put his chair in the back, because I wasn't sure if he would fall to one side or the other. He sat there so nice by him self, buckled in. He was awake from before I got there at about 5:15p.m., until sometime after 9:30 when we got him back there. On the drive in to Madison, I was almost bouncing up and down on the seat, I was so excited God had worked it out. It's all to the glory of God, that it came to be. It was a miracle to get him here. I was talking to him on the drive in and he was looking at me and so focused. My friend who drove, looked in the rearview mirror once in awhile and she was amazed at how alert he was and how he was focusing on me. When we got to the church, she went in to get some guys. 4 guys came out, and 3 lifted him into his chair. One of the guys took and parked my van. I marched him right up to the front row. The service was already going. Pastor acknowledged Kenn. During Pastor's message, Kenn was looking all over, and he would focus on Pastor talking. Pastor told Kenn, you recognize my voice don't you? He even looked over at Elder Harry. Pastor said Kenn's name once in awhile to let him know he knew he was there. Pastor was watching Kenn during a lot of his message to see what his response was. Kenn coughed once in awhile and he cleared his throat. After it was over, Pastor stopped a minute to talk to Kenn. I told Pastor I thought Kenn was tired because his eyelids were pink. Pastor told me the next day, he didn't think he was tired, because he saw tears in his eyes. I talked to Elder Harry for a few minutes after the service. He told me that me getting Kenn there convicted him, and renewed something in him. I told him that God impressed upon me that it had to be that Tues. night before Elder Harry and his family moved to St. Louis, at the end of that week. WOW!! I'm getting excited just writing about the whole mission of getting Kenn here to Madison. It took only 2 guys to get him back into the van after the service. I so appreciate the guys helping lift Kenn even though they don't know him. I took a second friend with us in the van to help lift him back into his chair when we got him back. We stopped by Shawn's place so he could see his dad. I felt so bad for Kenn, because Shawn didn't say one word to his dad, but just talked to me. Pastor explained that the boys are hurting and have pretty much written off their dad's recovering. He told me I can't expect much from them, don't be hard on them and don't say anything to them about it, where their dad is concerned. On the way back I was driving, and Kenn sat in the seat fine. We were listening to praise music, laughing it up, and just enjoying the ride. Kenn must have been enjoying the atmosphere and the ride so much, that he didn't want it to end. He might have even thought he died and went to heaven, because it was such a different atmosphere than what he's been used to for over 4 1/2 years, and just being able to sit on a regular seat and not in his wheelchair. He was being treated like a regular, normal person again and not an invalid. When we got back to Juneau, the 3 of us women got him in his chair with no problem. After he was in his chair, my friend asked him if he was tired and ready to go in. She heard him say, "uh-uh," meaning no. She came to me and said he just talked to her. I told her I wasn't surprised. I proceeded to tell her that he's talked a few times in the past. She introduced herself by saying, "my name is Sister Tori, and I'll see you next time, okay?" She heard Kenn say, "okay." She told me this man talks. I told her I know. He just hasn't talked for over 2 years. We were all so excited. The RN was waiting for us just inside the door, because I had said I would try to have him back by 9:30, and the door was locked. I took him up to his wing. As soon as I got off the elevator, the 4-5 CNA's at the nurses station asked how it went, and they were so excited to hear that he talked outside in the parking lot, plus how responsive he was all night. At least 4 of them followed me into Kenn's room when I pushed him in there. Out in the hall the nurse Becki, stopped me to ask how it went, when I was leaving. She was glad to hear he talked too. I really got the enemy mad by bringing Kenn into Madison, because as soon as I got down to 1st floor nurses station, the RN was waiting for me. She wanted to talk to me and rain on my parade of excitement. I told Pastor I would call him back after talking with her. She preceded to tell me they didn't feel it was safe for me to take Kenn in my van. She tried saying I had told them I had a wheelchair lift in the van, which I said I never told anyone that. She said they assumed it then. I told her how he responded and how he talked out in the parking lot before I took him back upstairs. She was happy he talked and responded so much, but thought it would be better if I didn't take him until I had a van with a lift. I told her you can't deny him this joy of going in my van and sitting on a regular seat. I preceded to tell her he's need this and so have I. I said it's been over 4 1/2 years since I have been able to take him anywhere. I told her you don't know what that is like. I told her I'm his legal guardian and I have the right to take him, and if you won't let me I will get my lawyer involved, which I don't want to do. Then she kind of backed off, and said I would have to talk to the head nurse Rose. I got outside and called Pastor back to tell him how she was coming down on me. I didn't cry when talking to her, because it made me mad, but I kept my cool, and I did get some tears in my eyes. I just thought how cruel can you be trying to rob me of my joy and the joy I'm sure Kenn must have been feeling. The 2 friends that were with me, couldn't believe the RN would do that when I told them about it, when I got back into the van, where they were waiting for me. They kept telling me not to let her rain on my parade by taking my joy away that I was feeling. I testified at the end of the service, and everyone could tell I was so excited by my voice. I said I felt like it was a dream. We had such a good time coming back to Madison listening to praise music, singing, laughing, and enjoying fellowshiping with each other. I took them out to Denny's when we got back to Madison, because none of us had eaten, I wasn't that hungry, because of being so excited and realizing that I played a big part in all of what had just transpired earlier. They could tell I was still on such a high. There WILL BE MANY more times to bring him into a service. If any of you would like to assist me in getting him here, or in seeing him when he's in Madison, let me know. I talked with Rose, the head nurse that following Thurs. She said alot of the same things as the RN. I told her I read the form I sign when I take him out and it says that I'm taking full responsibility and they are off the hook for anything that might happen to him. I told her like I had told the RN, that I wasn't going to let him sit and rot there, because the ones working with him don't have much time to talk with him the way he really needs. The nurses, and CNA's really have alot of respect for what and why I'm doing this for him. So God is really using me as a testimony to them of my dedication and commitment to Kenn. When talking with Pastor the day after I brought him in, he told me that must have said volumes to Kenn, of me not being afraid to introduce him back into my world and then to not be ashamed to take him up front and have everyone see him. Pastor admitted it said alot to him too, and he said the fellowship needed to see Kenn in this state, so that they can't say he wasn't that bad when he does start walking and talking. They will see it's God. Pastor also made me realize it's been over 4 1/2 years since Kenn and I have been able to fellowship together, which I didn't realize until he pointed it. I've been attacked by the enemy so much by my stand of bringing Kenn into a church service and also by my testifying about it. Pastor has told me that now people in the fellowship have no excuse why they can't do what God is requiring them to do after them seeing what I deal with on a daily basis, but not letting it stop me from doing what God requires me to do. There's more I could write about Tues., but this is the just of it. Sorry I didn't write about it sooner, but my week got away from me, because of extra praise team practices, Justice staying here all week, and along with everything else. Justice's attitude has gotten better since she's been staying here a good share of the last 2 weeks. She seems happier. On Fri. late morning, being I had no other kids, she was happy to go with just me to the beach and she had fun building a 3 tier sand castle. She's been saying now that she's going to live with me. God is showing up and showing out in my life big time. Next time I bring Kenn to Madison, after the service, I'm planning to bring him by the house here to see his reaction. I'd like to hear your comments on all of this. Your comments encourage me. God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home