Tues. Feb. 10,2009
Today we've been without internet access until tonight. I wasn't able to go visit Kenn this weekend, because of it being such a busy time. Fri. late afternoon, I had to go to Waunakee to do something. On the way there, I saw the tail end of the accident between a van and motorcycle. There was fire trucks, a tow truck, and cop cars flashing. Emotions tried so hard to get me to give in but, at the time I couldn't because I had to go to a business and deal with something. Pastor met me there to be support so they wouldn't walk all over me being a woman. He knew something was wrong with me. So, when we got out in the parking lot, I started falling apart. I ended up talking with him on phone about it. I had sort of planned to go visit Kenn, after dealing with this problem, but I decided not to, since dealing with emotions, and Pastor agreed it wasn't good to go. A friend needed me instead, so I was there for her. Sat. I had training from 8-3, at Truax, for a support training program through the Brain Injury Assoc. It was a good session. Then I had church that evening. I got a message from someone about an opening of a place in Sun Prairie. She asked if I was interested in it for Kenn. I told her sure. I will write more when more info is available. I've started things in motion. I'm declaring this move will happen and that Worker's Comp won't fight me on it, because I've tried things there way and it hasn't been working the way it needs to. So, now we are going to do what's best for Kenn and his recovery and not what is best for Worker's Comp. He needs more individualized care and stimulation than what he's getting now. Then on Sun. I went to Mason's birthday party. He is such a comical little boy. He turned 2 yesterday. He loved telling me "no,no," and shaking his index finger from side to side instead of at me. He gave me hugs and kisses. He talked so much to me. It was so much fun to hang out with him. I was there just for the day, but wished it could have been longer. I haven't been able to go there since last April. Tonight, I got a call from the RN, telling me that Kenn was having a seizure that didn't want to stop until she gave him a second dose of the first med she had given him. She had given him 2 different meds. The seizure was only affecting his face. I'm just so thankful, that they didn't need to send him to Beaver Dam hospital's ER. They will be checking his levels of his seizure meds in the morning. I don't like getting this kind of a call. I also, read about a 24 year old guy, who did motorcycle racing, that had an accident when doing a race. He was trying to do a flip, and landed on his head. He suffered a severe brain injury and possible spinal cord. Whoa, did this start hitting me. This guy died today. They put him in a medicine-induced coma as a protective measure, and the medicine was being reduced to see how his body responded. His family was told this didn't mean he was going to wake up. He was in shock and that got worse last night, until he stopped responding and entered cardiac and respiratory failure. I realized that, Kenn could have had a spinal injury being he was thrown, but God protected him from this. He could also have had problems when they were reducing his meds to bring him out of his coma. God sure has protected him from it being worse. Praise God. WOW!!! The emotions have been trying to get me today and tonight too, but have managed to keep them at bay. Wed. it's 4 years out. Please keep us in continued prayer. Also, keep the move up in prayer. I want God's plan and will to be played out for Kenn and not mine here. Thanks. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home