Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Mon. Jan. 19, 2009

1/19/09
Well, good news. Kenn has gone for more than a month without storming, which is great. His weight is around 170 pounds, give or take alittle. I wasn't able this weekend to go visit Kenn. Sat. I was busy and yesterday, the snow kept me from going. Late this afternoon, I was planning on going to visit Kenn and then go across the street to the support meeting, but the snow coming down stopped me, again. I was upset for awhile, but had to get over it. Last Sat., when I visited Kenn, he was sleepy part of the time. He was alert enough for a short time, so I gave him some water. One of the last times I was visiting Kenn, the occupational therapist who used to work with Kenn, was there from across the street. We talked for a short time. On Fri. night, I went with some people from church, to see the movie called, "Not Easily Broken." What a great movie with a great message. Did it hit home for me in so many different ways. I think I felt all the emotions a person can feel, and they were so intense, because of all the different things going on in my life. When the car accident happened, Pastor said he could hear me gasp from 3 seats away. He also, knew I was having a hard time all during the movie, but it was still a great movie. I was messed up the rest of the evening and half of Sat. because of what happened in the movie. I had to talk to Pastor, in order to process why I was dealing with so much. He could tell so many aspects of the movie hit so close to home. But, you know I can't just stop watching shows or movies because of things like that. I need to learn to deal with it, which is very hard.
I'm still having a hard time accepting my emotions are so intense. But, I'm learning all of this is a process, so continue to keep me up in prayer. This Thurs. afternoon, Kenn has a doctor's appointment, to get his pump refilled providing the weather is cooperating. God is so awesome.
He is showing up and showing out in my life big time. I will be part of a volunteer program through the Brain Injury Assoc. They will pair me up with someone who has a family member who has recently had a brain injury. I will be a mentor and a support to help them through this.
It would have been so nice to have had this in place, when Kenn's accident happened. If I can help just one person, it will be worth it. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home