Jan. 2,2009
Happy New Year to you all!! It's so hard to believe it's another year. I'm so glad the holidays are over, because it was hard for New Year's too. Kenn hasn't stormed since Dec. 5 and the nurses are happy about that. He hasn't been sick either. I went to visit him on New Year's Day in the afternoon and of course, he wanted to sleep most of the visit, like he used to on a holiday. But, I took him outside for a short time to get fresh air. I dosed off laying against him, because I was so tired from being up late New Year's Eve. New Year's Eve I prayed in the new year at church and it was a great service. Esther and Russell, had a vehicle slam into the back of their truck on Sun. night, and had some damage done. Esther and Russell have whiplash. Plus, Esther's back is twisted a little, and she's been in some pain. They've been going to the chiropractor now. New Year's Day evening, I took Kaili rollerskating at Fast Forward with our church group. We had fun. Mon. afternoon and then again this afternoon, I had a dance lesson to go over the rumba routine, which they added more steps to. In talking with Pastor, I've found out that when I started going to Now Faith, where I go for church, I was in depression and didn't even know it. My life was spiraling so out of control and I didn't know how to stop it. He told me, I put up a facade that everything was fine, but deep inside I was crying for help. I've been attending there for a year at the end of this month. He told me that now I've become healthy in the last year, but I also need to be careful and make sure that I stay in the Word, so that I don't take steps backward to the depression, because there's still so much coming at me that's so overwhelming. He has said that I've changed so much since a year ago when I started going there. He's helped me with so many questions. I don't know if many of you have heard of a spiritual dad or spiritual mom, but he's my spiritual dad and mentor. God has shown me that I'm out of my winter and now I'm in spring, heading toward summer, but I still need some more training, before I can go into doing what God has for me to do. God is SO good. I just can't thank Him enough. I just wish I could write all that God is doing in my life. I still have to take one minute at a time, otherwise I find it's too easy to loose it. Thanks.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home