Fri. Jan.9, 2009
I went to visit Kenn last Sat. later morning, early afternoon. He slept through a lot of the visit. I'm finding when I go later afternoon, early evening, he seems to be more awake. We aren't sure if it's due to when his meds kick in or just what, so I try to schedule my visits later afternoon into evening. Tue. morning, Kenn had a doctor's appointment to get a mold made of his feet and lower leg for a special boot. This special boot is supposed to help, so his feet don't drop any more. It will keep them more in place. He is supposed to go back in about 3 weeks to get these fitted, because then they will be done making them. They can then at this time adjust them if need be. He slept through this appointment. I had the 2 daycare boys with, and they were watching what was going on. On the 22 of this month, Kenn has another doctor's appointment to get his pump refilled. I also, had a conference call on Mon., with the head nurse and social worker. They are feeling it is not a good idea to bring Kenn into the chiropractor, because it was too hard to get him into the building. The head nurse also, thought it was too much stimulation and that was why he stormed that night so much. I told her that no it wasn't too much stimulation, but he was stiffening up before the appointment, and that is why the driver had to call for help in pulling him up in his chair again. The chiropractor actually got him to relax more than he was before his adjustment. I could possibly find a new one in Beaver Dam area and start all over with a new one they told me. We've been going to this one for 30 years and he has treated Kenn before the accident and a few times since. No, I don't want to make him get used to a different one. I've been so frustrated with this. It don't matter that they have brought him into the chiropractor before,and there has never been an issue. Why can't they just do what I ask? It's not like I ask for them to bring him in to a whole bunch of other places. I guess I'm just tired of dealing with stupid little things like this. Sorry. After getting a call like this, I felt like I was being attacked and put on the defense. I also, sort of felt intimidated, but stuck to what I wanted and think. I have to, because no one else will fight for Kenn, plus it's what I need to do. So many things that just seem to keep coming at me, so keep praying that I can stand against it. The emotions sure try to take over. God has all of this under control, so I just need to rest in Him and to ask for His guidance in dealing with this situation. God bless.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home