Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tue. ,Dec. 9,2008

12/9/08
What do you think of the snow we got? Are you tired of the snow yet? I am so blessed. My neighbor to the north has a plow on the front of his truck, so he's been plowing my drive for me without me asking him too. He did it some last year too. I still shovel some.
Sun. afternoon, I went to visit Kenn after church. They were having a Christmas Open House with food and singing in the rec room of his building. When I got there they had him in the rec room. He had his eyes open and maybe listening to the singing and noise. When I was back in his room talking to the nurses, I was standing on his right side. The nurses saw him looking at me and focusing on me. The nurses agreed he knows and comprehends who I am, what with the way he responds when he hears my voice. I told the RN to chart it and she said she would. Some of the CNA's think he smiles a little when they rub the top of his head and a few other times. He ate another individual container of applesauce and then some water. That makes 3 times now that he's eaten a container of applesauce and not had a problem. I took him outside for a very short time because of the wind.
This morning, Kenn was to have a doctor's appointment, but because of the weather I canceled it. I didn't want no one to take a chance on the roads today, traveling that distance. It sounds like Beaver Dam and Juneau got over 9 inches, where we got less. It's been kind of quiet around here since Fri. when Jeremy left for work. He's been gone all weekend and he was supposed to be coming home this morning, but he picked up another shift so he isn't coming home until sometime tomorrow.
Fri. night, I had a few emotions because of looking at some pictures of Kenn and myself in June,2004, at someone's wedding reception. It was bittersweet to see him sitting there on a chair smiling and talking. Pastor Rod was in some of the pictures too. He's the one that had an accident about 2 weeks before Kenn's, but he died. All the memories and thoughts were so overwhelming. I fought back the tears until I was in my car on the way home. It's been pointed out to me that part of the reason I am having a hard time even wanting Christmas to come is, because after it's over, then it's less than 2 months to the anniversary of Kenn's accident. I'm just not feeling ready to deal with that yet. So many times I just wish I could crawl back into bed and pull the covers up over my head and not deal with nothing. I just found out I need a power of attorney document, to do anything with Kenn's IRA account. As if I don't have enough to do without this problem. The guardianship paper isn't enough, so I'm trying to find out what do I have to do to get this. I got my car back from being fixed. I sure can still use your continued prayers. God is so good. God bless.

1 Comments:

  • Hey, Carol. I continue to read your mail, and am amazed, over and over again, regarding the strength you have been given. It renders me speechless, really. It is so obviously a God-thing.

    Bless you, Kenn, and your growing family.

    Christmas greetings from Marianne xo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home