Mon. June 9, 2008
So are any of you tired of all the rain we've been getting lately?? Oh my gosh!! My backyard had water sitting in it near the back fence last night. There's water sitting in my neighbors yards too. One neighbor had it running into her basement last night. Praise God my sump pump is working and my basement is dry. I walked out in the backyard this morning and the ground is so saturated. It's so nice to see it not raining today.
As for Kenn, he had about 7 days where he was not storming and then I think Fri. night he started storming again into Sat. Thurs. night, the nurse said she thought he seemed to be tracking her more than what she has seen before. I was on my way there to visit Kenn last night but ran into a spot where the rain hitting my windshield made it so I couldn't see for a few seconds. I got as far as Sun Prairie and decided to turn around and come home because it was raining so hard at times. It really shook me up not being able to see where I was going. I felt like I was being a wimp and letting him down but when talking to Esther, she told me no I wasn't. She said dad would not want me driving that distance in it if he knew what it was like outside. Of course, then the emotions came and I started crying because I really wanted to go visit him. When I got home, I had to put on my praise music to get myself back to less of an emotional mess. I don't have any girls today so maybe I can go visit him this afternoon. We'll see. I met with Charles last week every night Mon. through Thurs. night and we practiced the rumba routine just to get the steps down. We didn't have any music to practice with. Fri. night at the dance, I did the waltz routine with my instructor and then the rumba routine with Charles, for the dress rehearsal. Fri. night was the first time we did the rumba to the song, "My Girl." Everyone was so impressed that we had only practiced it for 1 week and they thought we did good. Of course we forgot some steps but most watching couldn't tell that. This week we will practice with his instructor to get it better. Charles would like to do the rumba routine again this Fri. night at the dance for dress rehearsal. One of the other students at the dance center has recorded my other routines and she is going to put them on a CD so they can be put on You Tube, then any of you can view them if you would like. Jeremy has been gone working shifts since Tues. morning and won't be done until tonight so it's been a blessing to have so many extra dance practices to keep me busy. Otherwise, being by myself here at the house, the thoughts start taking over. I find I can't be home long periods of time by myself so I have to go somewhere, and I find I have to keep busy. Don't get me wrong, I still have many struggles. As for the fee for the dance competition this Sat. at the Con Safos, which is the old Park Ponderosa Restaurant, in McFarland, they say there might not be any fee for people who want to come and watch. They aren't sure yet. If any of you have questions about it you can call me or call the dance center, which is Social Life Dance Center, in Madison.
I just want to say thank you to those who have patiently stood near, listening without judging, praying without ceasing, reading these updates and some even crying alongside us at times. The road has been a treacherous path to travel, misunderstood by some and very lonely at times. I have learned so much traveling this path. I'm grateful for every single prayer and the many expressions of compassion shared in friendship and love. Thank you for reaching out to us and holding us up when we haven't had the strength to even stand on our own, and especially thank you to those who, in the name of love , have shared the burden of our pain. Blessings go out to all of you.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home