Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sun. 5/11/08 Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers. Sorry this has taken awhile to update. My life is going a mile a minute as I'm sure many of yours are too. Kenn health wise is doing great. On Tues. night, when the nurse went in to his room she found him storming. He was drenched in sweat like usual when it isn't caught right away, so they had to change his bedding and clothes. He also was quite stiff like he gets so this made it some what difficult to turn him from side to side. They also found that some how one of the caps had come off his feeding tube so stuff from his stomach was all over too. The nurse said what a mess. Then he stormed again some on Wed. night. They don't know why, but he hasn't stormed for a long time, which is great. Yesterday, I visited him and he was sleeping part of the visit. We sat across the street for awhile. I then decided to take him back onto the Brain Injury Wing and they were happy to see him. Not too many who worked with Kenn still works there. Deb, a CNA, said I looked real good and she noticed I've lost weight. One of the young residents there liked the orange polish I was wearing and said he would wear it too. She talked with Kenn alittle when he had his eyes open. I was talking to Kenn and his eyes were to his right. I asked him what he thought of the orange in my hair and he brought his eyes up to look at me. It was fun to see. I talked to Nancy, the nurse, yesterday there. She told me that she had told her teenage daughter about me, but didn't use my name. She told her that my teenage granddaughter put orange highlights in my hair and I was wearing neon yellow nail polish. She told Nancy to high five me the next time she saw me because she thought that was cool, so Nancy high fived me. I put neon orange nail polish on yesterday afternoon before I left the house so I told Nancy that she could tell her I showed up with the orange. At church last night during Pastor's message he mentioned my bright orange nail polish. He said something like there's no way she could be depressed for long with that color on and that he loves it. This afternoon at my parents, it was great the look I got from my parents and sisters on the bright polish. This just confirmed to them that I've really lost it, but they already knew that. Man, I'm enjoying life. Kaili told me on Fri. night, that I can't die until she's at least 25 years old.
I'm going to be doing 2 dance routines in the competition on June 14 in Waunakee at Brian's, which is a dance hall I think. You will be able to view me dancing on a website called You Tube when Shawn gets it set up. I will let you all know when he gets that in place and also more info on the dance competition in Waunakee when I get it. Fri. afternoon I had 2 private dance lessons with 2 different instructors. Tina taught me the rhumba routine that her and Charlie did in Appleton in March. She was amazed how fast I was picking it up and could follow her leading. The routines are similar to the routines on dance shows. Then I had a lesson with Mr. Parks, who is also the owner. We worked on a waltz routine. Mr. Parks told me don't stop what I'm doing with the bright colors. He said too many people give up on life and he said it's so nice to see how much I'm enjoying life now. I told him I would be willing to do 2 lessons per week per instructor if needed to learn the routines because I really want to do great at them. Plus at church a few women get together to workout Mon., Wed. and Fri. mornings and then pray, so I'll be doing that too. So to sum it all up, God has me coming so out of my isolation and dealing with people which is scary and exciting all at once. It's so amazing how God is teaching me and what He's teaching me. It's mind boggling.
Adlai Stevenson said, "It's not the years in your life, but the life in your years that counts." How true. Confident people don't think about how old they are, they think about what they can accomplish with the time they have left. Confident people are positive and look at what they have, not what they have lost. I realize that I haven't played paintball for over 3 years and I want to get back playing again. I have my own equipment for it because I got hooked on it when in Kansas visiting Jeremy, 2-3 years before the accident he had taken me to a place to play. It's a blast. I have so much more I could share with you all. I'm just bubbling over with so much joy that God has given me. I thank Him so much for healing me and helping me to be free in Him. I know that He's using me to impact so many people for His glory. Praise God!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home