I am SSSOOO blessed even though it's been some what of a tough week for me. Kenn has been storming more lately, so Wed. morning, Rose the nurse, called. She said they are concerned about how much Kenn is storming in just the last 2 weeks. The doctor raised his dosage of one of his meds that he's been getting since he was across the street in the Brain Injury Center. He hopes this will eliminate the storming and they don't want to give him Valium if not needed. They did some tests to see if he had an infection or something thinking maybe that was causing it but I guess the results came back negative. So they are back to square one of not knowing if he's in pain some where or just what. Wed. afternoon, I had the RN from there call me and talk to me about it too. My concern is how is the raise in dosage going to affect him. But we all hate to see the way he acts when he storms. I asked the RN if his brain could be working more and that is why he's storming, because I told her he's responding more to me than he's been doing for awhile. She said they haven't seen him responding any more. I want to say how much time do any of you spend with him? I know it's very little time so no they wouldn't notice a change in his responding. It's frustrating. You know when I'm there, I spend more than 2 hours usually with him, where I'm talking to him and interacting with him. I watch for ways of him responding. If they would spend time with him then they would see more. Some of the nurses have said when they give him his meds and spend some time talking to him they see him responding. Mon. afternoon when I was there to visit him, he didn't respond as much as I would have liked him to but that's O.K. too. He did respond some and that's what matters isn't it?? It's all in God's timing and not mine. That is hard to swallow because I would like as of yesterday, for Kenn to be talking and walking but that's not how it works . Patience, patience right??
Here's something I read: Time is your responsibility--Eternity is Mine!!! I've been so convicted of what do I do with my time. Do I waste a lot of it or what? What do you do with your time?? We love to say how we never have enough time to do all that we want. So I've decided to stop saying that and just do things. Enjoy life because it's so short. We never know if tomorrow we will be alive to get out of bed. So I'm having the time of my life training for the dance competition coming up. The waltz routine is going great. I just had my first practice with Charles, on Thurs. night, who I'm doing the rumba with for competition. I did a lot of laughing cause we were messing up some. The instructor said he can tell how much fun I'm having by the way I laugh at my mistakes. I found out that I'm the only student to do 2 dance routines and then a foxtrot for the closed session. That's interesting. It's the challenge I need to keep going right now with life. This next week I will meet quite a lot with Charles to get the routine down real good and learn to work together as a team. We met at the dance at the dance studio last night, to go over some of the steps for the routine. Next 2 Fri. nights at the dance, we have dress rehearsal for those of us doing routines for competition. The dance competition location for Sat. June 14, has been changed. THE DANCE COMPETITION WON'T BE IN WAUNAKEE. They changed it, so IT WILL BE AT what used to be the Park Ponderosa Restaurant in McFarland. The name of the restaurant has changed. It's just down the street from the Green Lantern, on the lake. It is scheduled to start at 10 in the morning unless they need to make it earlier because of all who are participating. They said the fee to spectate might be $5 or$10 a piece, they aren't sure yet, which is cheap. This place has recently been remodeled and has a good sized dance floor. To get there you take 51 south and take the Siggelkow Rd. exit to the right. At the end of the ramp turn right. Go through the stop sign and over the train tracks. Make a slight curve in the road to the left and it's just ahead a few feet on the right side of the road. I'm getting sssooo excited to see how well I can pull off the routines. I finally found something to wear for the rumba last night. At the Dressbarn the salesperson found a dress that was half off the price, and it fit perfectly. It has what I call a scalloped hemline. What a blessing to come across the dress. I was thinking of giving up on finding something. God is so good. Thank you very much for the continued prayers and blessings on all of you.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home