Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sat. April 12,2008

4/12/08 This journey I've been on sure has been challenging. Some days it just sucks royally. Yet when people see me that haven't seen me for a long time, they tell me I'm sure looking good. Some have been surprised how short I've had my hair cut. It's very similar to the actress, Jaimie Lee Curtis. I'm letting Justice put some orange highlights in my hair this week. She asked if she could and I told her go for it. I only live once and it will eventually wash out. People will think I'm nuts at my age but oh well. I guess I have enough of a rebel in me even at my age. I bought Justice bright orange nail polish and told her I get to use it some too. I bought bright yellow nail polish and put that on this afternoon. I've also lost some weight. This week I've been talking to Darrell at Anchor about refinancing the house and getting the mortgages combined, plus get a lower interest rate. My Saturn has over 200,000 miles and needs a little work done, so I've been checking into what I need to do if I need to get another car. I've been talking to my insurance agent to see if there's enough insurance on the house and then getting an umbrella policy on it because of doing daycare and the liability aspect. Also some other things because I want all my ducks lined up in a row so the saying goes, if something should happen to me. I don't want to leave my kids with a mess like I was left with to figure out. My head has been spinning dealing with all this because Kenn used to deal with it all. All the decisions is driving me nuts. I am finding out I can make these decisions after I get different people's opinions and then ask questions. I have found out I can make it without Kenn so I don't need him in my life any more like I used to but, I want him back in my life to share things with. I have changed so much since his accident. I have so much more knowledge.
Last weekend in Green Bay was great. Kaili went with me and we stopped to visit Kenn on the way through Thurs. afternoon. We took him outside for a walk across the street in the parking lot just to get him outside. He looks so good. Last Fri. afternoon we took Mason to the park and he loved it. I even teeter-totted with Kaili and then we went on this square wood thing that had springs under it and it wobbles, so it's hard to stay on. Sat. Russell, Kaili, and I went for a bike ride when Esther put Mason down for a nap. After his nap we all took him outside to try flying his kite in the backyard. Mason wanted to help hold the string, so I took him and was running around carrying him while holding the string with Mason's help. I'm sure it looked comical but Mason was just laughing and loving it, plus I loved it too. Sat. night we went out to a Mexican restaurant. Mason wanted me sometimes instead of his mom. I'm glad he's gotten to know me more now. Sun. morning I went to Brussells , to Paul Perterson's church. He was surprised to see me walk in. He had me get up with the worship team and the anointing was there. On the way back through we stopped to visit Kenn again Sun. night. He was in bed sleeping but when I said his name he opened his eyes. We didn't stay long, but he stayed awake when I was talking to him. I put his cologne on him again like I did on Thurs. afternoon that I had with. It was very hard to come back home again. While at Esther's God had me start making a time line of the happenings of the last 3 years. Then I was to go back and be more specific with each happening. Oh my gosh!! Did that bring the emotions and tears. I guess I still have some healing to go through with a lot of the things that happened. I keep putting off doing the time line because it's painful and I don't want to deal with the emotions but I need to stop procrastinating.
Today I stopped at a store and saw this plaque that read, "Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, and live each day like it's your last." Another plaque read, "Life is not measured by the breaths you take but, by the moments that take your breath away." How true are these?? WOW!!! God has given me some words that are, "You will show My love and reality to those who have not as yet experienced My nearness and fellowship in the way you have known Me. " He has shown me how I've been doing this since the accident. WOW!!! It's mind boggling. God is so good. Be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home