Kenn Winrich Information

Welcome

Kenn's family is grateful for the outpouring of care and concern for him, and appreciate your continued prayers.

 


Kenn and Carol at Don and Arlene's 50th wedding anniversary 2001

A Way You Can Bless Kenn's Family

For those of you who would like to help Kenn's family, and are able to bless them financially, there has been an account opened at Cuna Credit Union. Deposits can simply be made to:
 Kenn Winrich Accident Fund. Deposits can be dropped off or mailed to any one of the following locations:

  • Cuna Credit Union
    6420 Cottage Grove Rd.
    Madison, WI 53718

  • Cuna Credit Union (East)
    1799 Thierer Rd.
    Madison, WI 53704

  • Cuna Credit Union (West)
    401 S. Yellowstone Dr.
    Madison, WI 53719

  • Cuna Credit Union (Fitchburg)
    2939 S. Fish Hatchery Rd.
    Madison, WI 53711

- Click on Archives button below to see addtional articles. -

The speech therapist has set up an email address at
Clearview for Kenn.  She will check his email with him
at least once a week.

Anyone can send him pictures, jokes or just a message
to be read to him.  It is kenn@kenn-info.org

Talk to him about motorcycles and rides,
camping or even hiking.  Make sure you put your
first name and last so that when she reads it she
can tell him.

If you want to explain how you know
him that would be great.  Thanks.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sat. June 23,2007

6/23/07
I have some good news. Worker's Comp has sent an email to my lawyer saying they have the report from the nurse case manager comparing St. Mary's Care Center to Clearview where he is now located. She did not find a big difference and she will be working with St. Mary's to see when they have an open bed. I did the Fox Trot routine a week ago Fri. night at the dance party and it wasn't as hard to do it in front of people as I thought it would be. Shawn, Jenny and the 2 granddaughters showed up to watch and they were quite impressed. I'm leaning towards doing the dance competition July 20-21 near Milwaukee. Last Sun. morning when Brenda, the nurse was trying to clean out Kenn's mouth with a spongette, he started groaning. She took the spongette out because she didn't know if that was the start of him neurostorming since she had never been there when he started storming. He stopped making that noise so she put the spongette back in and he did the noise again. So she took it out again. Plus he kept looking at her. She did this about 3 times and then realized he was responding to her. He is responding some to the nurses but not to the CNA's much because they are different every day and every shift which the doctors have told me he needs the same CNA's taking care of him. Mon. night while on my drive to the Support Meeting across from Kenn, which was another good one, I realized I've been driving to that same area for 2 years and 2 1/2 months, which is alot of gas when you figure I've gone to visit Kenn any where from 1-4 times per week. A week ago tonight I had problems sleeping and realized the night hours can be brutal on you emotionally. Your thoughts can become like monsters and get so out of control unless you take authority and reign them back under control . Fri. morning the 22, when I visited Kenn, he was very alert. I took him across the street and we sat in the gazebo. I read from Reader's Digest and we also finished a book that I've been reading to him over many visits. Tues. the 19, I finally got the dead elm tree cut down outside the kitchen window. What a relief to get that down. Now I have the clean up of that. God is so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home